Sunday, August 16, 2020

Becca's BookoplAthon September Round Sign Up

So this time, the round is the month of September, and there's a board just for this readathon, so that's fantastic! Here's the video with all the details.

I'm going to do 10 rolls 15 rolls, unless I get any doubles, at least for now. If, halfway through the month, I feel like I want more, I'll do however many more rolls I feel I can read books for, and go from there, and add those books here, because I want to have all the books I pick in one place. And I can double up with Wheel of TBR picks except if Game TBR comes up, and I'll do a spin for it!  Changed my mind, wanted to do 15 rolls, so I'll do that!

Chance Cards:
The Glass Queen by Gena Showalter
Unnatural Magic by C.M. Waggoner
No Offense by Meg Cabot
Shadow in Death by J.D. Robb
The Last Confessions of Mara Dyer and Noah Shaw by Michelle Hodkin
The Nemesis by S.J. Kincaid
The Mall by Megan McCafferty
A Perfect Evil by by Alex Kava
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Hellhole by Gina Damico
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Mist by Susan Krinard
Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry
We Were Never Here by Jennifer Gilmore

Community Shelf:
Read a book with specific colour on the cover
Read an own voices book
Read the lowest rated book on your TBR
Read a book that has been adapted into a movie or a tv show
Read a book with an ugly cover
Read a graphic novel
Read a book that has won an award
Read a book that features body positivity
Read a book written by a female author
Read a book that you think suits the current season
Read a book with an animal on the cover
Read a debut novel
Read a horror book
Read a book with a one-word title

For my first roll, here's what I got:
Starting on Go, a 10 which gets me to TBR Game. I spun, and I got Narrator-Blue-2-Infinity Son by Adam Silvera-This book is narrated by two brothers, mainly, who are guys, so it works!

For my second roll, here's what I got:
A 7 which gets me to Community Shelf. Using a list generator, I got Read a debut novel. I chose Teen Killers Club by Lily Sparks, it's the first book by Lily Sparks.

For my which third roll, here's what I got:
A 5 which gets me to Chance Card. I put them in a random list generator, and what came up was Unnatural Magic by C.M. Waggoner! And yeah, this is one that I really want to read!

For my fourth roll, here's what I got:
A 9 which gets me to Set in the Present. I chose You Were Never Here by Kathleen Peacock. It's a contemporary mystery, so it's set in the present!

For my fifth roll, here's what I got:
A 12 (and a double, which means I have 11 rolls now) which gets me to TBR Vet. I chose The Rest Falls Away by Colleen Gleason. I got it as an ARC, and it came out in 2016.

For my sixth roll, here's what I got:
A 2 (and another double, which means 12 rolls now) which gets me to Dark Cover. I chose Crooked Kingdom by Leigh Bardugo. The crow on the cover is black, and it takes up most of the cover, so it fits!

For my seventh roll, here's what I got:
A 3 which gets me to Light Cover. I chose The Hero of Ages by Brandon Sanderson. The UK version is white and blue, which is light, so I'm counting it!

For my eighth roll, here's what I got:
A 5 which gets me to LGBTQ+ Rep. I chose Harrow the Ninth by Tamsyn Muir. Given that this series was described as lesbian necromancers in space, well, lesbian is in LGBTQ+ rep, and Harrow is one of the lesbians!

For my ninth roll, here's what I got:
A 6 which gets me to Becca's Rec. So I chose The Final Empire by Brandon Sanderson, from Best Books of 2020 So Far video.

For my tenth roll, here's what I got:
A 7 which gets me to Water on Cover. I chose Death Masks by Jim Butcher, it's mainly blue, so that fits well!

For my eleventh roll, here's what I got:
A 2 (and the 3rd double, which means there's going to be 13 rolls) gets me to Nature on Cover. I chose Emerald Blaze by Ilona Andrews, the colours are really green, plus emerald is a shade of green, so that fits!

But because I got the same double twice (rolls 7 and 11) I'm going to do this prompt twice. So I chose The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. The main colour of this book is a shade of green.

For my twelfth roll, here's what I got:
A 7 which gets me to Community Shelf. Using a random list generator, I got Read a book with an animal on the cover. I chose Leopard's Wrath by Christine Feehan. Of course this book has a leopard on the cover!

For my thirteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 7 which gets me to Small Book. I chose Ōkami by Renée Ahdieh. It's only 13 pages, so I'm really going to do doing this and Yumi, which gets me 21 pages. Because that's pretty darned short! I chose Across the Green Grass Fields by Seanan McGuire, this is a novella, and is much longer than my previous choice, so I'm going with it. Plus I just got an ARC of it!

For my fourteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 6 which gets me to Light Cover. I chose Chaos by Iris Johansen. It's mostly white with the background!

For my fifteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 5 which gets me to LGBTQ+ Rep. I chose Faith by Julie Murphy. I don't know how it's rep, but it's shelved on Goodreads with rep! If it doesn't count, then I'll go with Beyond the Black Door by A.M. Strictland!

For my sixteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 6 (and my 4th double, which means there's going to be 19 rolls) which gets me to Becca's Rec. I chose You by Caroline Kepnes, from Best Books of 2019 video.

For my seventeenth roll, here's what I got:
A 10 (and another double, which means there's going to be 20 rolls) which gets me to 5 Star Prediction. I chose No Offense by Meg Cabot. I love reading her books!

For my eighteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 9 which gets me to Highest Rated. The highest that's been published turned out to be Night of the Dragon by Julie Kagawa, with a rating of 4.37.

For my nineteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 2 (for yet another double, which means there's going to be 21 rolls) which gets me to Lowest Rated. That turned out to be The First True Thing by Claire Needell with a rating of 3.01.

For my twentieth roll, here's what I got:
A 12 (for my 7th double, which means there's going to be 22 rolls) which gets me to POC Rep. I chose Loveboat, Taipei by Abigail Hing Wen. Given that the plot is going to Taiwan, the main character is Asian.

But because I got the same double twice again (rolls 5 and 20), and the other book fitting POC rep is going to be Let Me Hear a Rhyme by Tiffany D. Jackson, with a African American main character.

For my twenty first roll, here's what I got:
A 7 which gets me to Becca's Rec. I chose Vicious by V.E. Schwab, Becca gave it a 5 stars, and since I already had 2 previous Becca Recs, I wasn't finding a 3rd book that I hadn't read from the videos.

For my twenty second roll, here's what I got:
A 8 which gets me to Read a Sad Book. I chose Allegedly by Tiffany D. Jackson. It's about a girl who supposedly killed a baby. Yeah, that's a dark topic!

I did a twenty third roll, that I didn't really mean, just to see what I would get. So I didn't get a snip of the roll. But it was a 9 which gets me to Big Book. I chose The Well of Ascension by Brandon Sanderson. This book is over 600 pages, so it definitely a big book!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!