Friday, August 7, 2020

Book Blogger Hop #148, August 7th

The Book Blogger Hop was originally created by Jennifer from Crazy-For-Books in March 2010 and ended on December 31, 2012. With Jennifer's permission, I relaunched the meme on February 15, 2013. Check out the hop here

Each week the hop will start on a Friday and end on Thursday. There will be a weekly prompt featuring a book related question. The hop's purpose is to give bloggers a chance to follow other blogs, learn about new books, befriend other bloggers, and receive new followers to your own blog.

The Question of the week is: Do you read books by diverse authors or books with diverse characters (such as LGBT, ethnic minorities, religious minorities, etc)? If yes, do you have any book recommendations? Do you visit indie and/or used bookstores? Also, have you worked in any?(submitted by Kristin @ Lukten av Trykksverte)

Yeah. I don't seek them out, but I don't avoid them either. I enjoy them, but I enjoy most things. I don't want to read a book just because it's hyped, I only read books that I'm interested in, and if they have rep in them isn't a deciding factor in a positive or negative way. I can't think of any recs that aren't well deserved, well hyped.

And I only have one, Fair's Fair in Calgary, though I only visited once. I miss my local bookstore, because it closed down almost 10 years ago now. And no, I never did, because like I said, my local bookstore closed down, and 10 years ago, I was 16.

What about you guys? Happy reading! 

2 comments:

  1. I'm the same, Louisa. In fact, hype tends to put me off. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I honestly don't really notice hype. I don't notice it, though sometimes I hear of it! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!