Saturday, August 1, 2020

Week 31 Review: I Come With Knives

From Goodreads:
Chilling Adventures of Sabrina meets Joe Hill in S. A. Hunt's I Come with Knives, a horror-tinged action-adventure about a punk YouTuber on a mission to hunt witches, one vid at a time

Robin – now armed with new knowledge about mysterious demon terrorizing her around town, the support of her friends, and the assistance of her old witch-hunter mentor – plots to confront the Lazenbury coven and destroy them once and for all.

Meanwhile, a dangerous serial killer only known as The Serpent is abducting and killing Blackfield residents. An elusive order of magicians known as the Dogs of Odysseus also show up with Robin in their sights.

Robin must handle these new threats on top of the menace from the Lazenbury coven, but a secret about Robin's past may throw all of her plans into jeopardy.

My Review:
I enjoyed reading this book so much! Like the first book, the writing was pretty interesting, because the words are in the usual order, but the words used aren't as familiar! It makes it a slower read, but the story is just so engaging!

We learned so much in this book, and there was just a lot going on! We had more of Joel's perspective, and I'm like, poor dude, so many awful things happen to him in this book! And this book only takes place over the course of 2 or 3 days. Well, I'm not quite sure how long they were at the hospital, but overall, things were happening all over the place!

We had the introduction of the group of people Robin's mentor, Heinrich Hammer, with the Dogs of Odysseus. That was pretty interesting, meeting these characters, because they had a better understanding of the magic, though not about everything!

Man, that ending! I mean, reading this as an ebook with my tablet, I can't tell how many pages are left. So things were winding down, we'd had a big battle, so I totally wasn't expecting that ending! But it was just fantastic to read! Totally didn't expect that, and I can't wait to see how things continue in The Hellion, given this ending!

This was a really great book, I enjoyed it a ton, and I can't wait for book 3!

Author: S.A. Hunt
Series: Malus Domestica #2
Read: July 27th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Loved the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Tor Books
Published: July 21st 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!