Saturday, August 8, 2020

Week 32 Review: The Silent Wife

From Goodreads:
Atlanta, Georgia. Present day. A young woman is brutally attacked and left for dead. The police investigate but the trail goes cold. Until a chance assignment takes GBI investigator Will Trent to the state penitentiary, and to a prisoner who says he recognizes the MO. The attack looks identical to the one he was accused of eight years earlier. The prisoner's always insisted that he was innocent, and now he's sure he has proof. The killer is still out there.

As Will digs into both crimes it becomes clear that he must solve the original case in order to reach the truth. Yet nearly a decade has passed—time for memories to fade, witnesses to vanish, evidence to disappear. And now he needs medical examiner Sara Linton to help him hunt down a ruthless murderer. But when the past and present collide, everything Will values is at stake…

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I just love this series and Karin Slaughter's writing! I mean, the stories are just so dark and so compelling, I just can't put it down! And given that this is her 20th book, after 20 years of publishing, in the year 2020, well, it's something special.

Besides the mystery, we also had some personal relationship drama, because there was a marriage proposal that was a little off-handed, and yeah, it quickly developed into something of a tense stand off, and I really enjoyed watching Will and Sara work through these issues!

The fact that we go back in time, to see Jeffery again, to be in his head when he's investigating a case that happened before the start of the series, it was really great. We got to see that period where he and Sara had been divorced for a year, and hadn't yet started working together again, though that's where it ended, and she was doing coroner duties in this book, though it was as an assistant.

I really enjoyed going back and forth between the timelines, learning details from the past that helped the future. There was one that was really horrific, and one that helped crack the case, though it was hard to read, to find out who the bad guy was!

This book was a fantastic read, I enjoyed it so much, and I can't wait for more time with these characters!

Author: Karin Slaughter
Series: Will Trent #10
Read: August 6th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: I love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: William Morrow
Published: August 4th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!