Saturday, August 15, 2020

Week 33 Review: The Silvered Serpents

From Goodreads:
They are each other's fiercest love, greatest danger, and only hope.

Séverin and his team members might have successfully thwarted the Fallen House, but victory came at a terrible cost ― one that still haunts all of them. Desperate to make amends, Séverin pursues a dangerous lead to find a long lost artifact rumoured to grant its possessor the power of God.

Their hunt lures them far from Paris, and into icy heart of Russia where crystalline ice animals stalk forgotten mansions, broken goddesses carry deadly secrets, and a string of unsolved murders makes the crew question whether an ancient myth is a myth after all.

As hidden secrets come to the light and the ghosts of the past catch up to them, the crew will discover new dimensions of themselves. But what they find out may lead them down paths they never imagined.

A tale of love and betrayal as the crew risks their lives for one last job. 

My Review:
This book was such a fantastic read! I loved spending more time with these characters, but oh, man, are they damaged after everything happened in The Gilded Wolves! And that last scene of Gilded Wolves, that was just evil, and I needed to know how it was going to play out! 

Watching these characters deal with the reveals and the scars from the previous book, well, Séverin lashed out, which lead to hard feelings between him and Layla. Given Layla's countdown to live, that they were wasting what potentially little time they had left, I was frustrated on their behalf!

I loved diving deeper into this world, we do get to go to Russia, and explore more, and learn about the Fallen House. There were so many mysteries, and some secrets that the characters were holding that started to have, and will continue to have, impact on the world, and I can't wait! 

That ending, oh, it was such an amazing read! Things were just so intense, and I didn't know how they would make it out! Just incredible, so much happened, and then it was done and I just need more, because it can't end like that! It was just such a killer ending!

This was a really fantastic read, and I need to read the 3rd book! 

Author: Roshani Chokshi
Series: The Gilded Wolves #2
Read: August 8th, 2020
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Historical Fiction 2020 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Expected Publication: September 22nd 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!