Saturday, August 21, 2021

Week 33 Review: The Darkness Outside Us

From Goodreads:
Two boys, alone in space.

After the first settler on Titan trips her distress signal, neither remaining country on Earth can afford to scramble a rescue of its own, and so two sworn enemies are installed in the same spaceship.

Ambrose wakes up on the Coordinated Endeavor, with no memory of a launch. There's more that doesn't add up: Evidence indicates strangers have been on board, the ship's operating system is voiced by his mother, and his handsome, brooding shipmate has barricaded himself away. But nothing will stop Ambrose from making his mission succeed—not when he's rescuing is his own sister.

In order to survive the ship's secrets, Ambrose and Kodiak will need to work together and learn to trust one another… especially once they discover what they are truly up against. Love might be the only way to survive.

My Review:
This book was an excellent read! I loved the mystery, and then once certain events unfolded, how the characters dealt with things! This book was just amazing, and I loved this LGBTIA+ sci fi adventure! It was so fantastic!

This book is split into parts. The first part was probably the longest, and I just wanted to know what was going on, there was a little clue here and there, but mainly things were focused on the mission, on Ambrose and Kodiak. And then the end of that first part hit, and we knew what was going on, now we had to figure out why, and how to deal with it. 

I felt so badly for Ambrose and Kodiak. They're in an impossible situation that they didn't ask for, and it's heartbreaking and mind blowing and insane, and it really sucks that they were put in it. But I loved how they fell for each other, and the dynamic between them!

But I loved how they dealt with things (well, I didn't like some things, but I can understand why the characters did so)  because the whole situation is hard to accept. And in the end, it does have such a very satisfying ending. Boy were there some highly questionable ramifications of what happened, of decisions that where made. It does raise the question of if the ends justify the means, but I do think that they could've achieved the same outcome with a few different choices that were made by others not Ambrose and Kodiak.

I loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Eliot Schrefer!

Author: Eliot Schrefer
Read: August 17th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Katherine Tegan Books
Published: June 1st 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!