Saturday, August 21, 2021

Week 33 Review: Master of Tomes

From Goodreads:
Mei's checklist for the next year is simple. On the surface, at least.

Travel into the past to get the necessary instructions - check.

Travel back into the present to defeat Odom, Zaffi, and Kovel Below - check.

Actually defeat Odom, Zaffi, and Kovel Below - well...that's a work in progress.

Mei Li and her team of experts have no time to catch their breath before the next wave of magical problems hit them. Saving the world will take stamina, patience, magic, and time. And a little help from dragons.

And by a little, she means a lot.

Mei Li is ready for the world-ending disasters to be over, please and thank you.

My Review:
Yes, wow! I absolutely loved reading this book! This was my most anticipated book of the year, and it didn't disappoint! Well, besides the fact that it's the end of the series, and I do utterly want more! I had so many moments from this book where I had to put the book down and clutch my hands at the adorable intensity of it all! 

The moment that I was most anticipating happened very early on in chapter 2. Of Mei and Shunlei the Black being reunited. And oh, the feels! I almost expected a arm punch, but she does get back at him for the cryptic comments!

I couldn't put this book down, I loved watching Mei deal with all the issues that she went into the past of find out how to deal with. I felt so bad for them, they don't get a chance to take a break before they have to move onto the next disaster. But Mei's idea of permanently dealing with things, yes, love to see it happen! 

One question I had was about Abe, and if he'd be found. And wow, that plot point was explored really well, and I loved how everything came together! Though I do kinda wish that his reaction to Mei and Shunlei's marriage had been a little bit bigger. 

This was an amazing read, I really do hope that in the future, we can spend more time in this world, with these characters! I would love to see their 2nd wedding and honeymoon, and see them just relaxing now that the world isn't in crisis anymore! 

Author: Honor Raconteur
Series: The Tomes of Kaleria #3
Read: August 20th, 2021
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love her writing and I needed this book, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Honor Raconteur 
Published: August 20th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!