Saturday, August 28, 2021

Week 34 Review: Reaper of Souls

From Goodreads:
I AM POWER.
I AM MY ANCESTORS.
I DO NOT WALK ALONE.

Before, Arrah was shamed by having no magic at all. Now, with demons on warpath, she is the only one in the world who has it.

Explosive fantasy set in a West-African world of magic and legend. Perfect for fans of Tomi Adeyemi and Sarah J Maas.

Rocked by revelations and betrayals, Arrah must now come to terms with a reality that has completely changed.

Where before she lacked the power to call and harness magic, now Arrah is the only one in the world who can. Blessed with the powers of all the chieftains as part of their last stand against the Demon King, Arrah must live up to her lineage – and come to terms with finally getting what she wished for.

Arrah's mother was corrupted by magic. Arrah's father was defeated by it. Arrah's lover, Rudjek, is repelled by it.

But despite what it may do to her, Arrah needs magic in order to save the world; for the forces of the Demon King are rising now. Daho, the Demon King, wants her – and he is prepared to tear down orishas, gods, queens and cities to get her.

Arrah's magic has finally arrived. Will it be enough?

In this roaring sequel to KINGDOM OF SOULS, Rena Barron weaves a tale of mythology, love, whip-fast action and trademark twists that asks the question: can you ever leave your past, ancestors, behind?

My Review:
I loved reading this book! It was such a fantastic sequel, and I loved spending more time with Arrah and the gang. This series is a little heartbreaking, and with pretty massive scope, and I can't wait to see how things go down in book 3 (the finale?)

Arrah's been through a lot already in this book, given what her mom did, as well as her sister. But she still has to keep going on, and the Demon King is a very big threat that we haven't really seen much of before.

I don't remember if we learned this in KoS, but the gates, and the different worlds that the orishas travel to, to create life, it was really interesting to learn, and it played a pretty important part in this book! Though the reason why this book is titled this way, I'm dying to know how that'll play out! 

It was really great that we also go Rudjek's perspective in this book. While Arrah is off doing her own thing, he's got things going on as well, and it was really interesting to be inside his head, as he was dealing with the fallout from the damage the demons did-and the threat that they still pose! 

Rena Barron really knows how to play on the heartstrings! And to plot so excellently! There were so many moments where I needed to know what was going to happen next, the secrets and the reveals were amazing! I loved what we learned, and I need to know what role it's going to play in the future! 

We got so many answers in this book We got a lot of chapters from Dimma's perspective, of the story of how her and Daho met, fell in love, and the war with her siblings. I loved seeing their story! And in that final chapter, we learned something, and I'm really excited to see how it plays out!

This was another fantastic read, and I really can't wait for book 3! 

Author: Rena Barron
Series: Kingdom of Souls #2
Read: August 21st, 2021
Source: Edelweiss 
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: February 16th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!