Thursday, August 19, 2021

Becca's BookoplAthon September 2021 Round Sign Up

Time for another round for the month of September, and I'm so excited to participate again! Here's the video with all the details.

I'm going to do 15 rolls, unless I get any doubles, at least for now. If, halfway through the month, I feel like I want more, I'll do however many more rolls I feel I can read books for, and go from there, and add those books here, because I want to have all the books I pick in one place. And I can double up with Wheel of TBR picks except if Game TBR comes up, and I'll do a spin for it! And I've decided that like last year, I'm going to do 15 rolls this month, and then next month, I'm going to roll as I go again! I'm posting this now, but I'm going to save picking all the books until closer to the end of the month. 

Chance Cards:
The Hawthorn Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes
When Sorrows Come by Seanan McGuire
Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff
No Words by Meg Cabot
Forgotten in Death by J.D. Robb
The Nemesis by S.J. Kincaid
A Perfect Evil by by Alex Kava
All Fall Down by Ally Carter
Hellhole by Gina Damico
Love Letters to the Dead by Ava Dellaira
Nowhere But Here by Katie McGarry

Community Shelf:
Read a book written by a female author
Read a book written by a favourite author
Read a book that you've read before
Read a book that fulfills a reading goal
Read a graphic novel
Read a book with an animal on the cover
Read a debut novel
Read a book with a one-word title
Read a book inspired by mythology
Read a book released in 2018
Listen to an audiobook

For my first roll, here's what I got:
Starting on Go, a 8 which got me to Gods. I chose Gods & Monsters by Shelby Mahurin. The events of the last book, and the title, gives me the feeling that this works! The God of Lost Words by A.J. Hackwith-This book has God in the title, so this works!

For my second roll, here's what I got:
A 6, which got me to Who? I chose Cliff's Descent by Dianne Duvall because I've seen nothing about this author at all, so that works! 

For my third roll, here's what I got:
A 3, which got me to Community Shelf. Using a list generator, I got Read a book that fulfills a reading goal. I chose Cape Storm by Rachel Caine, for my goal of Catch Up on Authors.

For my fourth roll, here's what I got:
A 10, which got me to Last Colour. That would be yellow and/or blue, and/or dark. So I chose Finding Felicity by Stacey Kade, which is yellow and dark, so that works!

For my fifth roll, here's what I got:
A 4 (and a double, which means I have 16 rolls now) which got me to Disability & Mental Health Rep. I chose A List of Cages by Robin Roe, which Goodreads tells me has mental health rep.

For my sixth roll, here's what I got:

A 8, which got me to Highest Rated. I went to my owned TBR, and that book turned out to be Lirael by Garth Nix, with a rating from 4.24.

For my seventh roll, here's what I got:
A 4, which got me to Small Book. I chose Silver Shark by Ilona Andrews, this book is 129 pages, so it works!

For my eighth roll, here's what I got:
A 10 (and a double, which means I have 17 rolls now) which gets me to New. I chose The Last Laugh by Mindy McGinnis! This book hasn't come out yet, it's so new! 

For my ninth roll, here's what I got:

A 8 (and a double, which means I have 18 rolls now) which got me to Cute. I chose No Words by Meg Cabot, which has a very pastel cover! Master of Tomes by Honor Raconteur-This cover is pink-purple, and it's a romance, so I'm counting it! Had to change this out, because No Words publication got pushed to October 12th!

For my tenth roll, here's what I got:
A 3, which got me to Spooky. I chose Dead Silence by S.A. Barnes, it sounds very creepy! 

For my eleventh roll, here's what I got:
A 10 (and a double, which means I have 19 rolls now) which got me to LGBTIA+ Rep. I chose A Lesson in Vengeance by Victoria Lee which has lesbian rep! 

But because I got the same double twice again (rolls 8 and 11), the other book with LGBTIA+ rep I chose is The Dead and the Dark by Courtney Gould, which also has lesbian rep!

For my twelfth roll, here's what I got:
A 7, which got me to Lowest Rated. Again drawing from my owned TBR list, the book with the lowest rating turned out to be Chance of a Lifetime by Jude Deveraux and Tara Sheets, with a rating of 3.41.

For my thirteenth roll, here's what I got:

A 9, which got me to TBR Game. I picked Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson, which was for the prompt Even Chapters. 

For my fourteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 3, which got me to New. I chose The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik! This book also comes out this month! 

For my fifteenth (and supposedly final, haha) roll, here's what I got:
A 6, which got me to Current Events. I don't really have anything that fits, so I have to pick two books for my next prompt!

For my sixteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 3, which got me to Chance Card. I put them in a random list generator, and what came up was Forgotten in Death by J.D. Robb.

And because I have to do this twice, what I got the second go was When Sorrows Come by Seanan McGuire.

For my seventeenth roll, here's what I got:
A 8, which got me to Feed Scroll. I did so on Instagram, and got Cast in Firelight by Dana Swift which I found here, from personajeliterario.

For my eighteenth roll, here's what I got:

A 2 (and a double, which means I have 20 rolls now) which got me to POC Rep. I chose Mile High With a Vampire by Lynsay Sands, because Quinn, one of the leads, is Asian. 

For my nineteenth roll, here's what I got:
A 11, which got me to Small Book. I chose Bond of Destiny by Larissa Ione, which is 207 pages long, so pretty short! 

For my twentieth roll (and final?), here's what I got:
A 2 (and a double, which means I have 21 rolls now) which got me to People. I chose The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes, because Hawthorne is the family's last name!

But because I got the same double twice again (rolls 18 and 20), the other book with Queen's Gambit by Karen Chance, because Queen is one of the words in this theme! 

For my twenty-first roll, here's what I got:
A 4 (and a double, which means I have 22 rolls now) which got me to Monster. I chose Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff, which has vampires, so that works! 

But because I got the same double twice again (rolls 5 and 21), the other book with Monster is Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson, which have the dead, so that works!

For my twenty-second roll, here's what I got:
A 9, which got me to Myth, Lore, Legend, Fairytale. I chose Learn My Lesson by Katee Robert-This book is a retelling of Hercules and Meg, with Hades, of Greek Mythology, so that works!

So that's what I want to read, and I can't wait to participate! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!