Saturday, August 28, 2021

Week 34 Review: Follow Me Back

From Goodreads:
Tessa Hart's world feels very small. Confined to her bedroom with agoraphobia, her one escape is the online fandom for pop sensation Eric Thorn. When he tweets to his fans, it's like his speaking directly to her...

Eric Thorn is frightened by his obsessive fans. They take their devotion way too far. It doesn't help that his PR team keeps posting to encourage their fantasies.

When a fellow pop star is murder at the hands of a fan, Eric knows he has to do something to shatter his online image fast—like take down one of his top Twitter followers. But Eric's plan to troll @TessaHeartsEric unexpectedly evolves into an online relationship deeper than either could have imagined. And when the two arrange to meet IRL, what should have made for the world's best episode of Catfish takes a deadly turn...

Told through tweets, direct messages, and police transcripts, this thriller for the online generation will keep you guessing right up to the shocking end.

My Review:
This book was so fantastic! It was so thrilling, and I just wanted to know what was going to happen next! I have read one of her books before, but that was a stand alone, and this is the start of a duology, and I can't wait to see how this mystery continues! Though I feel a little bit silly, just realizing that the title is referring to social media following. 

I felt for both of them. She's had it tough with her agoraphobia, and he's had his fans who are taking things a little bit too far. She's one of his fans, so they shouldn't work. But they do, and I really enjoyed their relationship! 

That this book was told in mixed media with the online messaging and transcripts, I just love having that in a mystery book. It adds this extra element to the suspense, while also giving you a bit of a clue as to how the police investigation is going. It was so intriguing! 

And that ending! I'm not sure what I believe, of what happened, but I need to read the sequel right away, because things aren't lining up, and I need to know what's going to happen next! Oh, I'm so excited to find out what happens next!

This was such a great read, and I need to pick up the sequel as soon as I can! 

Author: A.V. Geiger
Series: Follow Me Back #1
Read: August 26th, 2021
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Published: June 6th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!