Saturday, August 21, 2021

Week 33 Reviews: Kill Joy, As Good As Dead



From Goodreads:
Pippa Fitz-Amobi is not in the mood for her friend's murder mystery party. Especially one that involves 1920's fancy dress and pretending that their town, Little Kilton, is an island called Joy. But when the game begins, Pip finds herself drawn into the make-believe world of intrigue, deception and murder.

But as Pip plays detective, teasing out the identity of the killer clue-by-clue, the murder of the fictional Reginald Remy isn't the only case on her mind …

Find out where it all began for Pip in this prequel to the best-selling A Good Girl's Guide to Murder and Good Girl, Bad Blood.

From Goodreads:
The third thrilling book in the bestselling, award-winning A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series

A Good Girl's Guide to Murder is The New York Times No.1 bestselling YA crime thriller and WINNER of The British Book Awards' Children's Book of the Year 2020 and SHORTLISTED FOR THE WATERSTONES CHILDREN'S BOOK PRIZE 2020

Pip Fitz-Amobi is haunted by the way her last investigation ended. Soon she'll be leaving for Cambridge University but then another case finds her . . . and this time it's all about Pip.

Pip is used to online death threats, but there's one that catches her eye, someone who keeps asking: who will look for you when you're the one who disappears? And it's not just online. Pip has a stalker who knows where she lives. The police refuse to act and then Pip finds connections between her stalker and a local serial killer. The killer has been in prison for six years, but Pip suspects that the wrong man is behind bars. As the deadly game plays out, Pip realises that everything in Little Kilton is finally coming full circle. If Pip doesn't find the answers, this time she will be the one who disappears . . .

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these stories! I loved seeing the impetus for Pip investigating the case for her school project in book one. I loved seeing her deal with the repercussions of Good Girl, Bad Blood. I loved watching her investigate this latest case!

Kill Joy was a fantastic read! I did think that having almost every chapter end with a sudden event like a scream or the lights going out was a bit repetitive, but it was a mystery novella, so I guess that makes sense. I loved watching her put together the clues, and I agree with the gang, Pip's solution made much more sense then what the game creators did! 

When I went into this, I didn't know that As Good As Dead was the final book in the series. I thought that there was going to be 4 books. And there are, but not 4 full length books, but there are if you count Kill Joy. And I'm a little sad, because I would've loved another Pip mystery, but I loved how things came full circle in this book, and I loved how Pip's arc in this series concluded!

I will say, at the very end, I do wish that we could've gotten more details. If I didn't know that this was the end of the series, (and I'm honestly still doubting that) I'd think that those last 2 pages were setting up for a sequel. But if they're not, well, I want many more details! It was only 2 pages, with so very few words and I need more!

I had such a great time reading these books and this series, and I can't wait for more from Holly Jackson! 

Author: Holly Jackson
Series: A Good Girls Guide to Murder #0.5, 3
Read: August 19th, 19th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books and As Good As Dead is a End of Series 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Electric Monkey
Published: August 5th 2021

Kill Joy:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








As Good As Dead:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!