Sunday, August 29, 2021

Wheel of TBR #66, August 29th

I saw Codie's Book Corner doing the Wheel of TBR, and I thought that sounded like a great way to pick what to read from your TBR. So thanks to her! I'll only do 3 spins, because I'm doing this every week, and so it won't make up my total TBR of the week, but it'll be a start!

Rules:
1. On the first week of the month, I'll do 12 spins, for books that I'll have all month to read. For each week for the rest of the month, I'll do 3 spins each week to read each week though I do have the rest of the month to read them. Once a prompt is used, I'll randomly choose one from the list, keeping track of how often a colour comes up. If colour comes up 4 or more times in a month, I'll do another spin once it comes up 4 times.
2. If I don't read a book that week or at least start it, then for my next week of spins, I have to add a punishment for each book unread. I'll roll for each unread book, and have to apply each and every punishment chosen to the week.
3. On the other hand, for reward, if I go 4 weeks in a row making my TBR, then I have one opportunity  to have a grace on a book-if I haven't read it in the week or month I was supposed to, than I don't have to read it (though I'll still try and read it shortly thereafter). The reward can work for only one book. Which would prevent me from getting a punishment, but it takes 4 weeks to get a reward, so I'm fine with that. It evens out for me!

Of the books from the last week, I read True Dead by Faith Hunter, I'm currently reading The Storm by Virginia Bergin, and I'm going to be starting Message Not Found by Dante Medema.

Of the books from the monthly roll, I read Don't Read the Comments by Eric Smith, Our Violent Ends by Chloe Gong, Breaking Badger by Shelly Laurenston, Follow Me Back by A.V. Geiger, The Bullet by Iris Johansen, Cold Falling White by G. S. Prendergast, so I have none left.

For the rewards, and I have 3(+1)/4 needed for the next reward, so I've made it to the next reward so I have 8 rewards saved up.

Prompts Used This Week:
Continue the Series, Reading Challenge, Less Than 500 Reviews, Series Name, Reading Challenge Prompt, Even Chapters, #Bookstagram, A-Z End Title, Newly Published, Louisa Pick, PDF Book, Wild Card

Continue the Series-Magenta-Queen's Gambit by Karen Chance-This is book 5 in the series, so it's not the start, and it's not the end, so it works! 

Reading Challenge-Violet-When Sorrows Come by Seanan McGuire-This is on my Becca's BookoplAthon!

Less Than 500 Reviews-Rose-Bright Burns the Night by Sara B. Larson-This book has less than 200 reviews, so it works! 

Series Name-Green-C-L-A-Mile High with a Vampire by Lynsay Sands-This series is Argeneau, so that works! 

Reading Challenge Prompt-Spring Green-Read a book written by a woman-Cliff's Descent by Dianne Duvall-That fits wonderfully, and it's funny, because it's a guy's name in the title! 

Even Chapters-Magenta-Dark Breaks the Dawn by Sara B. Larson-This book has 42 chapters, so it works!

#Bookstagram-Orange-The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes-I found this post here, by bookstorevibe and I have to reread this book for book2! 

A-Z End Title-Blue-E-The Bone Code by Kathy Reichs-Code ends with E, so that works! 

Newly Published-Red-The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes-This book comes out on September 7th, so that's new, and I need to see how things end! 

Louisa Pick-Chartreuse-Empire of the Vampire by Jay Kristoff-I'm really excited to read this book and start this new series! 

PDF Book-Red-Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson-I have this book in PDF format, so that works! 

Wild Card-Green-The Last Graduate by Naomi Novik-I might have read the first book, but the synopsis really says nothing about what's going to happen in this book, so I'm counting it! 

Colour Totals:
Red: 2
Orange: 1
Yellow: 0
Chartreuse: 1
Green: 2
Spring Green: 1
Cyan: 0
Azure: 0
Blue: 1
Violet: 1 
Magenta: 2
Rose: 1

Prompts for Next Week:
Restart the Series-Red
Mood Read-Orange
Favorite Author-Yellow
Fulfills a Goal-Chartreuse
Reading Challenge-Green
Owned Pre-2020-Spring Green
RR Book-Cyan
NetGalley Book to Read in 2021-Azure
Series Number-Blue
Trope-Violet
Number-Magenta
Travel-Rose

So those are some of the books I'm going to try to read this week. What about you guys? Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!