Saturday, August 21, 2021

Week 33 Review: Reclaimed

From Goodreads:
In this claustrophobic science fiction thriller, a woman begins to doubt her own sanity and reality itself when she undergoes a dangerous experiment.

The Ganymede compound is a fresh start. At least that's what Senna tells herself when she arrives to take part in a cutting-edge scientific treatment, where participants have traumatic memories erased.

And Senna has reasons for wanting to escape her past.

But almost as soon as the treatment begins, Senna finds more than just her traumatic memories disappearing. She hardly recognizes her new life or herself. Even though the symptoms for the process might justify the cure, Senna knows that something isn't right. As her symptoms worsen, Senna will need to band together with the other participants to unravel the mystery of her present, and save her future. 

My Review:
This was another fantastic sci fi mystery! I loved reading about these characters who had various reasons for wanting to go through this procedure that removes memories. I didn't always like them, but they were really great to read about!

As a preface, this book is a stand alone. But it is set in the same world as Salvaged, with the events of that book being referenced quietly. So depending on your reading tastes, you could read that before you read this one, though it's not necessary. The plot doesn't hinge on it, it is a stand alone, so it depends on you!

I wanted to know what the heck was going on. The tension is fairly steady at the beginning, though there were a few moments where it pulsed upward for a moment or two. And then things started to go down, and I just couldn't put it down!

And that ending! It was so incredible to read! We knew more about what was going on then the characters, until the very end when things came together! And wow, was it pretty chilling, but I loved how it came full circle with the thoughts of being the smartest person. That was fantastic!

I loved reading this book, and I hope we get more adult sci fi mysteries from Madeleine Roux, as well as YA fantasies! 

Author: Madeleine Roux
Read: August 18th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Love her writing and it sounded really great, and it's a SAC 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Ace
Published: August 17th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!