Saturday, November 13, 2021

Week 45 Review: The Ghostwriter

From Goodreads:
Four years ago, I lied. I stood in front of the police, my friends and family, and made up a story, my best one yet. And all of them believed me.

I wasn't surprised. Telling stories is what made me famous. Fifteen bestsellers. Millions of fans. Fame and fortune.

Now, I have one last story to write. It'll be my best one yet, with a jaw-dropping twist that will leave them stunned and gasping for breath.

They say that sticks and stones will break your bones, but this story? It will be the one that kills me.

This book is not a romance. It is contemporary fiction, but very suspenseful in nature. It is about a famous romance author and a dark secret she keeps. 

My Review:
Man, this book was so fantastic! I wasn't sure what was going on with this book, especially since the first two sentences of the synopsis aren't really mentioned at all in the story, but it's building up to that point, of what she lied about, and that was just fantastic to read!

We know right from the beginning that a) something was up, given that last tidbit of the prologue. And b) we knew she was going to die, having been given a terminal diagnosis. And watching her determination for this book to be written, one that she planned to write further in her career when she was a better writer, well, it was pretty heartbreaking!

This story is split between the present, of when she's wrapping things up, and writing this book, or at least dealing with the ghostwriter that she chose (that was a really fun story) and the other half was of her life, of the book that she needs to write.

That ending had a two part punch-finding out exactly what happened, and her death. The first was just devastating, and the second hurt, but we knew it was coming. The former was set up, but I just wasn't expecting it to go that far! It really didn't hold anything back! 

This was a wonderful, but heart-breaking book! Loved reading it! 

Author: Alessandra Torre 
Read: November 10th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: DCA
Published: September 29th 2017
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!