Saturday, January 1, 2022

Happy New Years!!! 2022 Version

Time for another Happy New Year's post! 2021 was such a strange year, with the continuing pandemic, but there were vaccines, and it feels like I just did 2021's version of this post. It's so weird! 

My personal year? Someone retired at work, so I took their position, which meant steady hours, but those steady hours start at 5 AM, and that's difficult. Dobby had his 4th surgery, even earlier in the year than he had his 3rd, but this time, he doesn't have a new lump coming back already like he did last time, and the vet repeated that he was in good health, so that was great. Especially given that today is the 3rd anniversary of us having to put down Winky. It's good that Dobby is in good health, so he can hit all these milestones with me, of us having him for 14 years, as old as I was when we got them. There's a few variations of that coming up soon! I got both my shots last year, and my booster shot is booked for this month. Oh, and I moved out on my own for the very first time, which is not the most fun think I could think of, but it happened. 

So I do have about the same goals that I always do, because I'm not original and I just want to keep going at the things I do have! 

1. Like the past 9 years now, wow, just read. Reading is my love and passion, so any book that I want to read, I will try to, even if it takes years to get around to it! I read over 800 books for 2 of the last years, and then about 500 in the other two, and 700 than 600 for 2 years, 560 2 years ago and almost 660 last year. I did read more this year at 674. But my goal for this year is again 400! Though officially for Goodreads, it's 365 yet again! I'll only change if if the year is 366. 

2. Blog regularly. Reviews will be a subset. I mean posts, having them up on time, in finished form, not the form of the meme, without the actual content of the day. Finished on a pretty good note with this, I was pretty consistent this year regarding meme posts! And I even had the form of the meme posts for 2021 done before December, so that was a bit early again!

2. A. Reviews. My goal is still for them to just stay current, trying to write the review of the book, the day that I finish the book. That way, my thoughts are nice and new, and I don't have to struggle to remember some character, or some important part of the plot, or funny little details! I didn't catch up from when I fell behind, and that sucks, but hopefully in 2022 I do catch up! But yeah, failed this goal last year, trying it again this year! 

2. B. ARC's. I get ARC's from Edelweiss and NetGalley, and I have for a while. And NetGalley recommends a review written to ARC's requested percentage of 80%. So I'm going to make it a goal of mine to hit that, and once I do, to keep it consistent. For Edelweiss, that is currently 122 books. And for  NetGalley, that's about 116 books, on top of any new ones that I request and don't read right away. which is up a lot from last year, but I'm hoping around 70 and 50  like last year are actually to be read, and the rest are books that I did read, but haven't reviewed yet. Because I'm hoping that I didn't miserably fail at this goal, but of reviews, because I'm massively behind! 

2. C. Catch Up on Authors. What this means is that I read all the books by an author (that I'm interested in) that have been published. I don't know how many authors I'll have this for (since I'm fairly current on my favourite authors, though there's a few exceptions.) One author for 2022 that I want to do this for is Ann Aguirre. But I think each year I'll have a primary focus on one author, while still trying to catch up on others. I did fail at last year with Rachel Caine, I still have some books by her, so I am going to continue with those books as well. 

2. D. Yearly challenges. I have LLFL, A-Z Reading Challenge, and # Books to read in Year, which I did pretty poorly last year, so I'm officially making things like this a yearly goal for me to work on! 

3. Take care of my health. This has a few prongs, from losing weight, which I know is a pretty staple new years resolution, but I've never made it, stopped, and started again. I started my journey September 2018 and have been working steadily on it since then. This year I was making good progress, and then I backslide, which was frustrating, but it was hard, after I moved, to exercise because I still haven't fully unpacked everything I'm going to unpack 5 months later, and of course I wasn't eating the best. I'll try again in the new year! It means eating pretty healthy, it means exercising, it means drinking lots of water, and it means sleeping a good number of hours, which is hard with my work schedule, but I try! It also means taking care of my skin, which I completely dropped the ball on last year, so I'm going to have to work on it! 

These are about the same goals, because I copy and pasted this text from last year, but added the updates this year brought! 

What are your guys' goals for 2022? Hope you make them, and made last years! Here's to a great new year! Happy reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!