Saturday, April 30, 2022

Week 17 Review: Tender Savage

From Goodreads:
Lara Clavel has come to the Caribbean prepared to risk her life to free Ricardo Lazaro, legendary poet-warrior and rebel leader. Once in his cramped gaol cell, she feels a savage desire to be possessed by him, and Ricardo is trapped by circumstance into taking all that this golden angel offers.

My Review:
This was a really great and easy read. It was dated, but it is a romance that came out at the start of the 90's, so that's understandable. I really enjoyed reading about Lara and Ricardo, in the terrible situation that they're in. 

It's a little weird to think of the idea that she was put into his cell for sex, to become a weakness to be used against him? It was a little icky and unorthodox, especially with the listening device. But it was the start of them together, and I really enjoyed how things went from there! 

If this was one of the books she was writing now, there would've been a confrontation with the bad guy, that Lara might've been in danger, might have played a role in killing the dude, but nope, it happens off screen, and with only a few lines about it. Which is too bad, he was pretty awful! 

Once the group that they were rebelling against was taken down, and they were installed as the leaders, all that there was left for conflict was their relationship. And I can see both of their perspectives, but I'm glad hers won out! I just wish we could've seen her brother's reaction to their relationship-and the pregnancy! 

Really enjoyed this book, and I'm really glad that I picked it up.

Author: Iris Johansen
Read: April 25th, 2022
Source: Library
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2022 Book! 
Publisher: Blackstone on Brilliance Audio
Published: September 1st 1990
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!