Saturday, April 16, 2022

Week 15 Review: Seasonal Fears

From Goodreads:
For everything there is a season.

Melanie has a destiny, though it isn't the one everyone assumes it to be. She's delicate; she's fragile; she's dying. Now, truly, is the winter of her soul.

Harry doesn't want to believe in destiny, because that means accepting the loss of the one person in his life that gives his life meaning, that brings summer to his world.

So, when a new road is laid out in front of them—a road that will lead them through untold dangers toward a possible lifetime together—walking down it seems to be the only option.

But others are following behind, with violence in their hearts.

It looks like Destiny has a plan for them, after all….

My Review:
This was such a great read! I loved the first book, but I was a bit apprehensive, no matter how much I love Seanan McGuire's writing-because it was another chunky, mind bending book. The kind you have to slow down and absorb to get what was actually being said. Oh, did I enjoy it, though! I loved exploring more of this world!

I didn't know where this book would go, because Roger and Dodger have the Doctrine of Ethos, so I was wondering what direction that this book would go in. Well, that beginning pretty quickly-and a bit confusing, dropping us into this new bit of information about this world-told us. And I loved exploring this part of the world!

It's hard to talk about this book, to know what will be spoilers, because what roles they play isn't mentioned in the synopsis, so dancing around that detail. But I really enjoyed getting to know Melanie and Harry, they've been childhood sweethearts, with the added complication that she's been close to death her entire life.

This was such a fun road trip read, because they do have to get to a specific place-and I loved watching them start to find out about this world, because neither of them knew about it, but are now both a part of it, and have to learn on the go! Because we were learning all about this along them, so that was really great!

Loved reading this book, and I'd love to have another book in this series, so we can explore this world more! There were some really interesting developments and mentions that might come into play in the future...

Author: Seanan McGuire 
Series: Alchemical Journeys #2
Read: April 12th, 2022 
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and the first book, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Tordotcom
Expected Publication: May 3rd 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!