Saturday, April 30, 2022

Week 17 Reviews: Cold Iron Heart, Wicked Lovely


How far would you go to escape fate?

In this prequel to the international bestselling WICKED LOVELY series (over a million copies sold), the Faery Courts collide a century before the mortals in Wicked Lovely are born.

Thelma Foy, a jeweler with the Second Sight in iron-bedecked 1890s New Orleans, wasn't expecting to be caught in a faery conflict. Tam can see through the glamours faeries wear to hide themselves from mortals, but if her secret were revealed, the fey would steal her eyes, her life, or her freedom. So, Tam doesn't respond when they trail thorn-crusted fingertips through her hair at the French Market or when the Dark King sings along with her in the bayou.

But when the Dark King, Irial, rescues her, Tam must confront everything she thought she knew about faeries, men, and love.

Too soon, New Orleans is filling with faeries who are looking for her, and Irial is the only one who can keep her safe.

Unbeknownst to Tam, she is the prize in a centuries-old fight between Summer Court and Winter Court. To protect her, Irial must risk a war he can't win--or surrender the first mortal woman he's loved. 

From Goodreads:
All teenagers have problems, but few of them can match those of Aislinn, who has the power to see faeries. Quite understandably, she wishes that she could share her friends' obliviousness and tries hard to avoid these invisible intruders. But one faery in particular refuses to leave her alone. Keenan the Summer King is convinced beyond all reasoning that Aislinn is the queen he has been seeking for nine centuries. What's a 21st-century girl to do when she's stalked by a suitor nobody else can see?

My first review of Wicked Lovely
My Review:
Oh, I loved reading these books! This was the first time that I've read Cold Iron Heart, and I've previously read Wickedly Lovely, but it's been almost 11 years, so it's basically like the first time because I remember so little of it!

Getting to know Thelma was bittersweet, because it's over 100 years until the bulk of the series, and she's human. I loved her mindset, she was very straightforward, and living in a time where women didn't have many rights. And her and Irial, and the whole, she's the potential Summer Queen, well, it's messy and I love it! 

I love what Cold Iron Heart added to this world, because we get to see what it was like before Aislinn became the Summer Queen, that her maternal line has kept it, along with the sight, since Irial saw their ancestor, and put the power in their line. That Irial became a part of that line, well, yeah, emotions ran high! And having read the synopsis of Dark Sun, is going to cause problems in the future!  

Sometimes I just wanted to shake Keenan. I already can't remember if we got the full terms of the curse, but just because she's to be the summer queen, doesn't mean that she has to love you. And that's how it does work out. So yeah, sometimes his attitude-espcailly since he'd been, and was, changing all these girls' lives.

I know that things are going to get worse before they're going to get better, but I really enjoyed where things are, with who the rulers of the various courts are, and their romantic relationships. I know there's going to be many changes, but Wicked Lovely left on a great spot!

These were such fantastic books, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Wicked Lovely #0.5, 1
First Read: September 28th, 2011
Read: April 23rd, 23rd, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike, Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books! 
Publisher: Indy Pub, HarperTeen
Published: April 3rd 2020, June 12th 2007

Cold Iron Heart:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Wicked Lovely:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!