Saturday, April 16, 2022

Week 15 Review: Sweet Ruin

From Goodreads:
An immortal assassin is caught between desire and duty in this sizzling new novel from Kresley Cole’s #1 New York Times bestselling Immortals After Dark series.

A foundling raised in a world of humans
Growing up, orphaned Josephine didn't know who or what she was—just that she was "bad," an outcast with strange powers. Protecting her baby brother Thaddeus became her entire life. The day he was taken away began Jo's transition from angry girl…to would-be superhero…to enchanting villain.

A lethally sensual enforcer on a mission
Whether by bow or in bed, archer Rune the Baneblood never fails to eliminate his target. In his sights: the oldest living Valkyrie. Yet before he can strike, he encounters a vampiric creature whose beauty mesmerizes him. With one bite, she pierces him with aching pleasure, stealing his forbidden blood—and jeopardizing the secrets of his brethren.

A boundless passion that will lead to sweet ruin…
Could this exquisite female be a spy sent by the very Valkyrie he hunts? Rune knows he must not trust Josephine, yet he's unable to turn her away. When Jo betrays the identity of the one man she will die to protect, she and Rune become locked in a treacherous battle of wills that pits ultimate loyalty against unbridled lust.

My first review of Sweet Ruin
My Review:
I enjoyed rereading this book so much! I love this world, and I enjoyed Jo and Rune the first time I read their story-but I'm enjoying reading these Møriør stories! I think they're the start of the endgame-I'm thinking Orion and Nix might be the final book in this series (if they're a couple. I'm hoping they are!) 

Jo knows nothing about the Lore world-she was just a child, and had no memory of her past. And she's been a loner since she decided to lave Thad where he was. And now she meets Rune, who introduces her to this world-and I really enjoyed that!

She wants commitment-and his job is the spymaster-and his body is his weapon of choice in gathering information. So they know that this is a major issue, and they continually dance around it as they work together to hunt Nix down. 

Loved how everything worked out with them, between him realizing that how he considered her biting him, that's how she considered sex, that it was private and just between them, and dealing with her brother and the Valkyries. And his role with the Møriør. It was such so great to read! 

Really enjoyed my reread, and I'm 2 books away from reading the latest release! 

Author: Kresley Cole
Series: Immortals After Dark #16
First Read: December 1st, 2015
Read: April 14th, 2022
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Pocket Books
Published: December 1st 2015
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!