Saturday, April 16, 2022

Week 15 Review: Eve of Destruction

From Goodreads:
Eve Erixour is a mercenary with a past no one would envy and more enemies than anyone should have. Death stalks her relentlessly. So when she gains the attention of a League assassin, she considers it par for the course.

But Jinx Shadowbourne isn't after Eve. Someone has it in for him and his brethren. High-ranking assassins are falling, and Jinx is convinced one of their own is selling them out. He's on the trail of his key suspect when fate throws him headfirst into Eve's life.

Now the two of them have to find the League leak and plug it or neither one of them will live to face another enemy, and the ones they love, and the universe at large, will be left alone to face a power-crazed madman.

My Review:
This was such a great read! I'm so glad to be back in the League world again, and at this point in time-which seems to be the earliest story in the timeline, at least at this point. I really enjoyed watching Eve and Jinx meet, and the adventure that they go on!

The romance between Eve and Jinx was really great to read about, they've both done things that they have a hard time living with, but it's not like life has given then a lot of options. Watching these two very paranoid characters let down their guards was such a great read!

I'm a little apprehensive about that fact though-because what happened to that rebellion? What happened to these characters? Because while I have a poor memory, and it's been a while, I don't think we've seen the League assassin rebels-or Eve's group. Maybe they're a part of Jayne's group? I mean Nykyrian was a teenager in this one, so it's been like 10 to 15 years, maybe they had to slow down, but it makes me nervous that they won't survive this! 

I think I need to reread Born of Rage. I was pretty confused at the time-but now that I've read this story, things make much more sense! And that has to be after this book, since Jinx and Eve were a couple in that one, and this is their first encounter. 

This was a really great read, and I can't wait to see where the series goes from here! 

Author: Sherrilyn McQueen 
Series: Eve of Destruction #1
Read: April 15th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this world, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Oliver Heber Books
Published: March 15th 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!