Saturday, June 11, 2022

Week 23 Review: Rise of the Catalyst

From Goodreads:
One ancient mask with earth-bending powers searching for a bearer.

One magical retrieval expert who is determined to seal it back in its tomb.

At the moment, both are failing at their goals, but Arwen is not about to be bested. So what if she doesn't know what culture it's from or where to put it back. She's smarter than a semi-sentient mask. Hopefully.

But if the thrice-cursed mask breaks out of her seal one more time, she's melting it with prejudice, magical backlash be damned. 

My Review:
Well, I utterly loved this book! I had a really great time getting to know these new characters in this new world-and I'm so excited to learn more, because this is just the start of the series. I'm not sure if it's going to be more of a trilogy or one of her longer ones, but I can't wait to find out!

Getting to know Arwen was really great. She was just a little bit crazy, having taken on this profession, and the risks that she takes, but she does provide a needed service! And she was so much fun to read about, I loved her banter with the rest of the gang!

This was such a fun adventure! The artifact was not the most cooperative, and there were some unpleasent fellows along the way, but there were also some decent people, so on the whole, things balanced out nicely, with some intense action scenes sprinkled in. So much fun to read!

I can't wait to learn more about this world, and the way that magic works. Arwen learned a bit more in this one, but I have a feeling that there's more to uncover, and I can't wait to find out what it is! Especially with that history that is real life! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait for more! 

Author: Honor Raconteur 
Series: Ancient Magicks Artifacts #1 
Read: June 5th, 2022
Source: Bought 
Reason Why: Love her writing so much, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Raconteur House LLC
Published: May 31st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!