Saturday, October 15, 2022

Week 41 Reviews: Champagne & Commitments, The Hexed & the Hunted


Half-dead witch Geneviève Crowe makes her living beheading the dead--and trying to make sense of accidentally ending up a faery princess when she ended up bonded to Eli Stonecroft, a faery prince in self-imposed exile in New Orleans.

But bonded for eternity isn't enough for family and friends--of her future citizens. It's time to plan a wedding ceremony.

Unfortunately there isn't enough champagne available to deal with an undead-great-grandmother, a faery king who's trying to romance Gen's assistant, and a city where Halloween is a holiday worth dying to enjoy.

From Goodreads:
The third novel in a new faery and fanged world written by the author of the internationally bestselling Wicked Lovely series.

Half-dead witch Geneviève Crowe makes her living beheading the dead--and trying to juggle her new duties as a faery princess now that she's married Eli Stonecroft, a faery prince who was in self-imposed exile in New Orleans.

But monsters have no patience with royal obligations, and the same creature who once hunted her great-times-great grandmother is now trying to put Gen in the ground. When the relentless monster from her family's past decides to hex Geneviève, she's forced to go on the run or expose how much power she's started amassing. Her royally impatient uncle-in-law, the faery king, has already threatened her and Eli.

Death or Flight? Hexed or Hunted? This is not the honeymoon Gen and Eli were planning . . .

My Review:
Oh, I loved reading these books! I really loved reading this series, and being in this world is so entertaining, I just binged what was available at the time. And now that the 3rd book is out, I get to continue! It's just so great!

Champagne & Commitments was really great to read, it's their two marriage ceremonies, one in Faery realm, one here. We've already had their bonding ceremony, but there's the whole thing of threes. So I had a great time there, there were some funny moments! 

Of course things got serious with The Hexed & the Hunted, which was interesting, because we got some international travel, and the introduction of a pretty pivotal character. And oh, that final battle, that was fantastic to read! 

I'm not sure if this is the end of the series or not. I think I read somewhere that it was going to be a trilogy. And things are wrapped up and left in a good spot. So it could be the end. I'm hoping that it's the end of Gen and Eli's story, and we can spend more time in this world, because there's another couple or two whose stories I would love to read! 

Loved reading these, and I can't wait to see what Melissa Marr writes next! 

Author: Melissa Marr
Series: Faery Bargains #2.7, 3
Read: October 8th, 8th, 2022
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books, and The Hexed & the Hunted is a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Melissa Marr
Published: November 1st 2021, August 30th 2022

Champagne & Commitments: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Hexed & the Hunted:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!