Saturday, November 5, 2022

Week 44 Reviews: Backpacking Through Bedlam, The Mysteries of the Stolen God and Where His Waffles Went

From Goodreads:
Now in trade paperback, the twelfth book in the fast-paced InCryptid urban fantasy series returns to the mishaps of the Price family, eccentric cryptozoologists who safeguard the world of magical creatures living in secret among humans.

With the wonders of the cosmos open to them, Thomas and Alice Price have returned to the most exciting place they could think of: home.

But it's been a while, and they're out of step. What's more, trouble is brewing in New York, trouble that threatens both their family and the fragile peace they've been maintaining for generations. Time to get weird.

My Review:
Well, I loved these reads! I love Seanan McGuire's writing so much, so when I got the chance to read this book, this is the first one that I picked up this month! This latest installment was so fantastic, and I can't wait to see what the future brings for this series.

In the author's note of the last book, it mentioned that that book was what she envisioned, for the stepping point for this series, of the stories beyond it, when she started this series. Which is a bit wild. And this is the first book after that, and all the pieces that were put into place, with the Covenant knowing about the Prices. And oh, was it a fun adventure! 

There were many things I wanted from this book. To see Alice and Thomas to make it home, to have that time to relax. To see everyone's reactions to the fact that she did succeed after 50 years. We did get some of the reactions, in Backpacking, and in Mysteries of the Stolen God. I'm just so excited to see where things go from here! 

The Mysteries of the Stolen God were really great, because along with Thomas, Sally is back-and James is the reason why she made that bargain in the first place. So there's all sorts of complicated emotions going on. And we got the perspective of Acadia, one of his new mouse priests. It was great to get their perspective in another story!

These were such great reads, and I can't wait for more in this series! 

Author: Seanan McGuire 
Series: InCryptid #12, 12.5
Read: November 1st, 1st, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Books, and Backpacking Through Bedlam is a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Daw Books
Published: March 7th 2023

Backpacking Through Bedlam:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Mysteries of the Stolen God and Where His Waffles Went:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!