Saturday, November 5, 2022

Week 44 Review: Forbidden

In the unforgiving Mesopotamian desert where Jayden's tribe lives, betrothal celebrations abound, and tonight it is Jayden's turn to be honored. But while this union with Horeb, the son of her tribe's leader, will bring a life of riches and restore her family's position within the tribe, it will come at the price of Jayden's heart. 

Then a shadowy boy from the Southern Lands appears. Handsome and mysterious, Kadesh fills Jayden's heart with a passion she never knew possible. But with Horeb's increasingly violent threats haunting Jayden's every move, she knows she must find a way to escape—or die trying. 

With a forbidden romance blossoming in her heart and her family's survival on the line, Jayden must embark on a deadly journey to save the ones she loves—and find a true love for herself.

Set against the brilliant backdrop of the sprawling desert, the story of Jayden and Kadesh will leave readers absolutely breathless as they defy the odds and risk it all to be together.

My Review:
I had a pretty great time reading this book! I was putting it off for some reason, but I finally picked it up and started reading it, and I had a really great time with these characters, trying to fight for their love. It as a really fantastic story! 

This book was rich and atmospheric, set in the Mesopotamian desert, where it's very hot, and it's not somewhere that I've read a lot from. The culture and the history of this tribe, set in this location, was an amazing backdrop for this story! 

It wasn't supposed to be Jayden, and it wasn't supposed to be Joreb being the future ruler. But when the older son dies, they are the ones to marry. And this is an awful situation for Jayden, because it elevates her family-but it means she marries a monster. Which is not cool.

I really enjoyed her and Kadesh together. He's nice and kind, basically the opposite of Joreb, and the kind of person a good percentage of the population most would prefer in a romantic partner. With the way things ended, I'm so excited to see where their story goes from here! 

This was a great read, and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Kimberly Griffiths Little
Series: Forbidden #1
Read: October 31st, 2022
Source: Edelweiss/Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really good! And it's a Historical Fiction 2022 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book!
Publisher: Harper Collins
Published: November 4th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!