Saturday, March 11, 2023

Week 10 Review: Counting Down With You

From Goodreads:
A reserved Bangladeshi teenager has twenty-eight days to make the biggest decision of her life after agreeing to fake date her school's resident bad boy.
How do you make one month last a lifetime?

Karina Ahmed has a plan. Keep her head down, get through high school without a fuss, and follow her parents' rules—even if it means sacrificing her dreams. When her parents go abroad to Bangladesh for four weeks, Karina expects some peace and quiet. Instead, one simple lie unravels everything.

Karina is my girlfriend.

Tutoring the school's resident bad boy was already crossing a line. Pretending to date him? Out of the question. But Ace Clyde does everything right—he brings her coffee in the mornings, impresses her friends without trying, and even promises to buy her a dozen books (a week) if she goes along with his fake-dating facade. Though Karina agrees, she can't help but start counting down the days until her parents come back.

T-minus twenty-eight days until everything returns to normal—but what if Karina no longer wants it to?

My Review:
This was such a fantastic book! After I finished A Show for Two, I wanted to immediately pick this one up, but I had to wait for the next week because of the way my brain works. It was worth the wait, because it was such a fantastic read! 

This is the kind of book that is why I request so many ARC's that are contemporary. I know it's not my favourite genre. But then a fantastic book like this, that I requested on a whim because of the synopsis, I could've missed out on. And I don't want to miss out on fantastic reads like this one! 

So I realised that the title had two meanings. The first was the countdown for her parents come back from their vacation. The other was her anxiety coping mechanism, of counting down from ten. And with the pressures of her parents wanting her to be a doctor, and falling in love with Ace, who's white, she has a lot of her plate! 

I loved her Dadu. She was so supportive of Karina, and I adored their relationship! And that moment when she confronted her son and daughter in law for Karina, that was just bad ass! She's the kind of person that you want in your corner, and I'm so glad that Karina had her!

Watching Karina and Ace together was so great! Their banter was cute, and the way that he respected her boundaries, was there to support her, and to spread her wings, to be a spark, an inferno, was just so great to read! I loved the two of them together! 

This was another amazing read, and I can't wait to read more by Tashie Bhuiyan! 

Author: Tashie Bhuiyan
Read: March 5th, 2023
Source: Edelweiss 
Reason Why: Loved her second book and it sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a SAC 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Inkyard Press
Published: May 4th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!