Saturday, March 11, 2023

Week 10 Reviews: The Stranger, Legacy Lost, Of Poseidon



The Syrena don't trust many humans. Rachel is one of them. The story of how Galen met her – and how they bonded -- is both exciting and heartbreaking.

He is a mer-prince, she is the mermaid princess that his family orders him to marry so that their kingdoms unite. Grom dreads this arrangement, until he meets Nalia — both beautiful and smart, she's everything he ever wanted. But just when their connection grows deeper, tragedy strikes.

From Goodreads:
Galen is the prince of the Syrena, sent to land to find a girl he's heard can communicate with fish. Emma is on vacation at the beach. When she runs into Galen—literally, ouch!—both teens sense a connection. But it will take several encounters, including a deadly one with a shark, for Galen to be convinced of Emma's gifts. Now, if he can only convince Emma that she holds the key to his kingdom . . . 

Told from both Emma and Galen's points of view, here is a fish-out-of-water story that sparkles with intrigue, humor, and waves of romance.

My first review of Of Poseidon
My Review:
Oh, I had a really fantastic time reading these stories! I love this world, but I've never read the final book in the series, and it's been so long, I had to go back to the beginning! Which also meant that I could read all the short stories that have since came out!

The Stranger and Legacy Lost introduced us to some of these characters, of how Galen and Rachel met. And of how Grom lost Nalia, which was a really heartbreaking story. It was really great to see these points in time! 

This world of the Syrena, with its customs and its politics was so great to dive back into! The duality of being from the sea, but able to walk on land is just so fantastic to read about. That humanity can't know about them, well, we'd react poorly, when we're already doing such harm to the seas that are their home.

I love Galen and Emma. They're a really great couple, but they have a lot of obstacles in their path. Including some secrets that they don't know that they have. I loved watching their story unfold, and seeing them fall in love! 

Loved reading these, and I can't wait to read more! 

Author: Anna Banks
Series: Of Poseidon #0.4,. 0.5, 1
First Read: July 12th, 2013, March 11th, 2012
Read: March 
Source: Online, Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Books! 
Publisher: Tor.com, Tom Doherty Associates, Square Fish
Published: June 18th 2013, May 22nd 2012, May 22nd 2012

The Stranger:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Legacy Lost:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








Of Poseidon:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!