Saturday, March 18, 2023

Week 11 Review: Blood Price

From Goodreads:
An ancient feud. A forbidden love. A bargain with the darkest magic...

Lady Maerea has lost everything to her forefathers' feud, and now it falls to her to stop the bloodshed. When the enemy storms the castle gates, he makes promises, not demands. Lord Alcaeus tempts her in ways she never imagined, but surrender would be the ultimate betrayal of her family.

Alcaeus doesn't care about winning the war, but he would do everything to win Maerea's heart. He secures her hand in a marriage alliance that could lead to a lifetime of passion. But her brother's retribution is swift. Alcaeus's only hope is to become humans' worst fear: a Hesperine, a fanged immortal with a taste for blood.

Will his new power save Maerea - and can she love the monster he's become?

This steamy fated mates romance with an HEA is a standalone novel and prequel to the epic Blood Grace series.

My Review:
This was a really fantastic read! I really enjoyed getting to know this world, and getting to know these characters, and I'm really excited to see where this series officially kicks off, this book was a good starting point! 

I was a little bit apprehensive, because the books in this series are very long, to the point where it seems like a few were split in half. This book eased my fears somewhat, I'm not as tentative to continue on, because I had a really good time reading this book!

These two were so fantastic to read about! They had such an epic romance, they shouldn't have worked, there's been a feud between their families for so long. And then he becomes a Hesperine, and it was just so great to read about the two of them! 

What I'm most looking forward to going forward, is to see how much this story ties in with the main series. It's set in the same world, and I've heard that there are some crossover characters-but I'm wondering if the events that happened in this book, what effect they'll have, since this was published 2 years after the first main book...

I had a great time reading this book and I can't wait to continue on! 

Author: Vela Roth
Series: Blood Grace #0.5
Read: March 17th, 2023
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Five Thorns Press
Published: October 2nd 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!