Saturday, March 11, 2023

Week 10 Review: The Vindico

From Goodreads:
X-Men meets The Breakfast Club in this darkly humorous adventure

The Vindico are a group of supervillains who have been fighting the League of Heroes for as long as anyone can remember. Realizing they're not as young as they used to be, they devise a plan to kidnap a group of teenagers to take over for them when they retire--after all, how hard can it be to teach a bunch of angsty teens to be evil?

Held captive in a remote mansion, five teens train with their mentors and receive superpowers beyond their wildest dreams. Struggling to uncover the motives of the Vindico, the teens have to trust each other to plot their escape. But they quickly learn that the differences between good and evil are not as black and white as they seem, and they are left wondering whose side they should be fighting on after all . . .

With fast-paced action, punchy dialogue, and sarcastic humor, this high-stakes adventure from a talented new YA voice pulls you in from the first page.

My first review of The Vindico
My Review:
I had such a great tie reading this book again! I loved this group of characters who were abducted by the Vindico, the bad guys, to be their proteges. That they're super powered, and part of the reason why they fight against the League of Heroes is because they have artificial powers...so interesting!

The psychological torture that the Vindico put the teens though...devious. Along with training them, to give announcements about why they think the teens belong there, and controlling the factors of comfort in their bedrooms...it put them in a weakened, manipulatable state. 

The way of this world, with the powers, and the different types, and how the League has pushed this idea that it was fate, that they were chosen, that these powers that come about artificially break that idea? It was so interesting to watch the fall out! 

I love that ending, both were the kids end up and where the adults do. With that last line from the Baron, well, we might have a hint as to were the sequel is going to go. The way my plans shaped up, I'm going to be reading The Feros tomorrow, and I can't wait! 

This was a fantastic read and I can't wait to read the sequel! 

Author: Wesley King
First Read: June 4th, 2012
Read: March 10th, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book! 
Publisher: Speak
Published: June 14th 2012
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books

4/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!