Saturday, July 8, 2023

Week 27 Review: System Collapse

From Goodreads:
Everyone's favorite lethal SecUnit is back in the next installment in Martha Wells's New York Times bestselling Murderbot Diaries series.

Am I making it worse? I think I'm making it worse.

Following the events in Network Effect, the Barish-Estranza corporation has sent rescue ships to a newly-colonized planet in peril, as well as additional SecUnits. But if there's an ethical corporation out there, Murderbot has yet to find it, and if Barish-Estranza can't have the planet, they're sure as hell not leaving without something. If that something just happens to be an entire colony of humans, well, a free workforce is a decent runner-up prize.

But there's something wrong with Murderbot; it isn't running within normal operational parameters. ART's crew and the humans from Preservation are doing everything they can to protect the colonists, but with Barish-Estranza's SecUnit-heavy persuasion teams, they're going to have to hope Murderbot figures out what's wrong with itself, and fast!

Yeah, this plan is... not going to work.

My Review:
This was such a fantastic read! It is right after Network Effect, so I don't remember, or know, when Fugitive Telemetry is set, before or after this pair, so I'm going to have to do a reread, but I'm glad, because this series is so good! 

Murderbot is dealing with PTSD, or something similar, after what it went through. It's doubting it's ability to be a security consultant, and it's done to a limited supply of drones which makes things more complicated.

This whole plot with another colony on the planet, it complicates everything, with the charter that they're trying to fake for the colony that they knew about, to protect them from Barish-Estranza. That it's in an area that prevents communication makes matters worse.

The whole series of events once they get there, dealing with the various elements of that place and what they encounter there was such an entertaining read while Murderbot was dealing with its insecurities! That ending was so fantastic! 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait for whatever is next! 

Author: Martha Wells 
Series: The Murderbot Diaries #7
Read: July 2nd, 2023
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2023 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Tordotcom
Expected Publication: November 14th 2023
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!