Saturday, July 8, 2023

Week 27 Review: The Host

From Goodreads:
Melanie Stryder refuses to fade away. The earth has been invaded by a species that take over the minds of human hosts while leaving their bodies intact. Wanderer, the invading "soul" who has been given Melanie's body, didn't expect to find its former tenant refusing to relinquish possession of her mind.

As Melanie fills Wanderer's thoughts with visions of Jared, a human who still lives in hiding, Wanderer begins to yearn for a man she's never met. Reluctant allies, Wanderer and Melanie set off to search for the man they both love.

My first review of The Host
My second review of The Host
My Review:
I just have such a good time reading this story! It really is too bad that this isn't actually going to be a series, because I want to spend more time in this world with these characters-there's so much that we could explore and learn. Alas! But I have such a great time with the story that we have!

Wanderer has never stayed at a planet for more than one life. She keeps on going to the next planet, not finding a place to call home. But she finds one, here on Earth. But humans are still resisting, including Wanderer's body, Melanie.

Her relationship with Melanie, and with Ian, Jared and Jamie, as she forms bond with humans, realizes what the souls are doing to humans is wrong, as she deals with these conflicting emotions, it was such a great story! Wanda is so peaceful, and she tries her best, even when it's not in her best interests. 

They really did form a family, though it was easier since they did have blood family in the first place. They're survivors, and the place that we leave them is good, with hope for the future. But again, I do still wish we could get those sequels that were mentioned! 

Loved reading this book again, it never disappoints! 

Author: Stephenie Meyer
First Read: 2010
Second Read: March 25th, 2013
Third Read: April 23rd, 2019
Read: July 3rd, 2023
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a 2023 Dystopia Book and a SAC 2023 Book!
Publisher: Little Brown and Company
Published: May 6th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!