Saturday, March 5, 2016

Week 10 Review: Perfectly Imperfect

From Goodreads:
Mirror, mirror … who's the fairest of them all?

I still cringe when I hear that line. A fairy tale that had girls pretending they were the fairest, the most beautiful, and the most entitled. A fairy tale most couldn't grow out of turned my haunted childhood memories into a living nightmare. Girls who grew up believing that pile of garbage became the meanest of all 'mean girls.'

And those mean girls were right – it was a line meant for all the beautiful people in the world – and I knew the answer would never be me.

The women with long legs, flat stomachs, and perfect chests.

The type of women Kane Masters gravitated toward.

Well, that's definitely not Willow Tate.

No. That will never be me.

Because I'm completely imperfect.

And … I hate myself.

I have no idea what Kane could possibly see in someone like me when he could have them. 

My Review:
Loved this book so much! So entertaining, a bit hard to read, what with Willow's low self-confidence and thoughts about herself, but through time, friends, therapy, work, and Kane, that changed, and reading about that change was pretty empowering and great!

Watching Willow go on this journey, well, like I said, it was empowering, She went from a pretty low low, to a pretty high high. Plus the fact that Willow was just so easy to identify with, because I think most girls and women have some self-confidence issues, myself included.

We knew that Kane was keeping something from Willow concerning Mia. To be honest, I think Kane should've asked Mia to be able to tell Willow before the shooting ended. Then what happened might not have happened, or been as big!

Really enjoyed that ending! There were some pretty intense moments to get there, and some good things and bad things, like Kyle as good as raping Mia and Mia becoming pregnant from that. And that Kane was thought to be the baby daddy. And then Kyle dying. But they all worked through it, and that was really great!

Yeah, loved this book so much, and I would kinda love a sequel with Kane's brother, or Mia, or both, because I think they'd be pretty good together!

Author: Harper Sloan
Read: March 1st, 2016
Source: Tuebl
Reason Why: Love her books so much, and it's a SAC 2016 Book!
Publisher: CreateSpace
Published: November 17th 2015
/5 Hearts
/5 Books
/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!