Saturday, August 8, 2020

Week 32 Review: Midnight Sun

From Goodreads:
When Edward Cullen and Bella Swan met in Twilight, an iconic love story was born. But until now, fans have heard only Bella's side of the story. At last, readers can experience Edward's version in the long-awaited companion novel, Midnight Sun.

This unforgettable tale as told through Edward's eyes takes on a new and decidedly dark twist. Meeting beautiful, mysterious Bella is both the most intriguing and unnerving event he has experienced in his long life as a vampire. As we learn more fascinating details about Edward's past and the complexity of his inner thoughts, we understand why this is the defining struggle of his life. How can he let himself fall in love with Bella when he knows that he is endangering her life?

In Midnight Sun, Stephenie Meyer transports us back to a world that has captivated millions of readers and, drawing on the classic myth of Hades and Persephone, brings us an epic novel about the profound pleasures and devastating consequences of immortal love.

My Review:
Wow, it's weird to read this book. After all, there was that leak, and it's been so long, that I gave up hope that we'd get this book. But we did, and it was so interesting to be in Edward's head, for the full book. There were things like the meteorites. That just was hilarious, though it does explain some things. I just giggled the whole time, because we know how this ends.

There was one thing that was really interesting, though it was more of a side note. That Charlie had partially muffled thoughts. So he wasn't silent like Bella, but that Edward couldn't make out the words. I don't think that was mentioned in the original series, so yeah, this was an interesting tidbit to me! And combined with the details of Renee, well, it makes sense, what Renesmee's gift is!

So one thing that I didn't consider, was Alice, because she was having visions of the future this entire book. And it shaped what happened. I guess I didn't think about it, because we were in Bella's head, and she didn't know the extend of Alice's abilities.

One thing that was really funny to me, is that they came very close to my hometown. Which means, if had actually happened, then Edward, Emmett and Carlisle would've been pretty close to me. And it's so strange and weird! 

Man, there were a few moments that I wanted to be in Edward's head, but that ending, when he was racing to get to Bella before James could kill her, that was intense! And seeing the aftermath, with Alice faking the fall, yeah, that was so interesting to read!

Loved reading this book, it was really great to be in Edward's head, and I would love to either get the rest of the series from his perspective, or at least some of the major scenes, like when Bella enveloped him in her inner shields so he could read her mind!

Author: Stephenie Meyer
Series: Twilight #5
Read: August 4th, 2020
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Love this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Little, Brown Books for Young Readers
Published: August 4th 2020
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure if I wanted to read this, but you make it sound fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was fun for me, but I'm not very objective, I enjoy most things :) There was so much nostalgia!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!