Saturday, August 8, 2020

Week 32 Reviews: The Promise, Part 1, The Promise, Part 2, The Promise, Part 3



From Goodreads:
The wait is over! Ever since the conclusion of Avatar: The Last Airbender, its millions of fans have been hungry for more − and it's finally here!

This series of digests rejoins Aang and friends for exciting new adventures, beginning with a faceoff against the Fire Nation that threatens to throw the world into another war, testing all of Aang's powers and ingenuity!

The continuation of Airbender and the link to its upcoming sequel, Legend of Korra!

From Goodreads:
Aang and Katara are working tirelessly for peace when an impasse between Fire Lord Zuko and Earth King Kuei over Fire Nation colonies within the borders of the Earth Nation threatens to plunge the world back into war! Meanwhile, Sokka must help Toph prepare her hapless first class of metalbending students to defend their school against a rival class of firebenders! 

From Goodreads:
Avatar: The Last Airbender creators Michael Dante DiMartino and Bryan Konietzko bring The Promise to its explosive conclusion. The Harmony Restoration Movement has failed, and the four nations are plunged back into war. In the midst of the battle, can Aang and Fire Lord Zuko mend the rift between them, or will Aang be forced to take actions that cant be undone?

My Review:
It was really fantastic to read these again! I know I'd read them, but that was years ago, like maybe 2013 or 2014, and I didn't log them in Goodreads or blog about them, because I'd never done that with graphic novels. And then I got one as an ARC, so I changed my mind. Yeah.

It was so great to have this look into the lives of the characters a year after the show ends. To see where their lives where, like Toph's Metalbending Academy. That was an interesting side plot that ending up being useful to the main plot!

Of course the Harmony Restoration Movement wouldn't be smooth sailing. I mean, I see both sides, that the Fire Nation invaded the Earth Kingdom, but that they've been there 100 years, well, they were fairly intertwined there! Plus Katara had her visions of her and Aang's future.

Really enjoyed how it was dealt with, though I wish we could've gotten more details on how it was settled. Well, I guess we do have Legends of Korra, which is the end result, and any of the future graphic novels to possibly check in!

Loved reading this again, can't wait to reread The Search, and then read the rest for the first time!

Authors: Michael Dante DiMartino, Gene Luen Yang, Bryan Konietzko, Illustrated by Gurihiru
Series: The Promise #1, 2, 3
Read: August 1st, 1st, 1st, 2020
Source: Ebook.bike
Reason Why: Love this world, and I need to read all the content! And they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Books, and The Promise, Part 3 is a End of Series 2020 Book!
Publisher: Dark Horse Comics
Published: January 25th 2012, May 30th 2012, September 26th 2012

The Promise, Part 1:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Promise, Part 2:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








The Promise, Part 3:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!