Saturday, October 17, 2020

Week 42 Review: Pride and Premeditation

From Goodreads:
It is a truth universally acknowledged that a young woman who desires a law career must be in want of a case. So when seventeen-year-old Lizzie Bennet hears about a scandalous society murder, she sees an opportunity to prove herself as a solicitor by solving the case and ensuring justice is served.

Except the man accused of the crime already has a lawyer on his side: Mr. Fitzwilliam Darcy, the stern young heir to the prestigious Pemberley Associates law firm. Lizzie is determined to solve the murder before Darcy can so that she can show the world that a woman can be just as good as a man. (The fact that Darcy is an infuriating snob doesn't help.) But there's still a killer on the loose, and as the case gets more complicated, Lizzie and Darcy may have to start working together to avoid becoming the next victims themselves.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! It was a really great retelling of Pride and Prejudice, but with aspiring/practicing lawyers. It was such a great read, and I loved seeing the similar beats of the story, but in a different context. It was such a great read! 

This book does make some changes from the original, like Jane and Bingley only meeting at the end, but given that this is a murder mystery, and he's the murder suspect, well, that makes sense. It's still the familiar story, but I enjoyed seeing these characters in this lawyer setting! 

Watching the investigation unfold, seeing the different clues, following them, it was great to see Lizzie's persistence. And her interactions with Darcy, of course! I loved their relationship, with the mix of their competing business. And I really enjoyed how it turned out, that ending was amazing! 

My question for the series, is are the future books going to follow this cast of characters with the plots of the books that the titles are pulled from, or a new cast, maybe mixing with this cast, that follow the plots of those books? Can't wait to find out! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I'm excited to continue the series! 

Author: Tirzah Price
Series: Jane Austen Murder Mystery #1
Read: October 11th, 2020
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: Sounded really great, and it's a DAC Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2020 Book!
Publisher: Harper Teen
Expected Publication: March 9th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!