Saturday, March 27, 2021

Week 12 Review: Cast in Conflict

From Goodreads:
Cast in Conflict is the sixteenth book in the New York Times bestselling Chronicles of Elantra saga, following detective/mage Kaylin Neya as she struggles to protect the city of Elantra from the darkness that is determined to take root.

With the Academia safe, Corporal Kaylin Neya is looking forward to a bit of boring and normal. Clearly she hasn't been paying attention to her life in the past year. Kaylin's dragon friend, Bellusdeo, is intent on claiming the seat in the empty Tower of Candallar in order to secure its power for the continuing war against Shadow. But Bellusdeo isn't the only one who wishes to take the Tower seat, and the other happens to be Sedarias, the leader of the cohort also living with Kaylin. To Sedarias, Bellusdeo is an outsider, a danger, and a rival—and neither side of this rivalry is without power or will. But the Tower might have its own goals...

My Review:
Whenever I see that a Michelle Sagara book is avaible to read (and they seem to be available for review since Cast in Sorrow) then I drop everything to read that book. They're just so freaking amazing, and this book was no different, I loved reading it so much!

I loved this book, which explored the other Towers, and given what happened with the Academia, how that affects them. We got tot learn so much, and it was utterly fantastic! 

A big part of this book was that both Bellusdeo and Sedarias want the empty Tower. And they both have valid reasons for wanting it. So that was a tough place for Kaylin to be, because she's close to both of them, and she lives with both of them. But that the Tower was formerly a dragon, well, that complicates matters!

That ending, oh my, that ending! That was just crazy, just so much going on, and in such dire straits, as well! I just couldn't put it down, it was utterly amazing! What with the dangers coming from heart of Ravellon, things are building, and I can't wait to see where they go from here!

This was another amazing, wonderful book, and I can't wait for the next Sevren book and the next Cast book!

Author: Michelle Sagara 
Series: Chronicles of Elantra #16
Read: March 26th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss
Reason Why: I love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: MIRA
Expected Publication: June 29th 2021

5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!