Saturday, March 20, 2021

Week 11 Review: City of Heavenly Fire

From Goodreads:
ΕRCHOMAI, SEBASTIAN HAD SAID. 

I am coming.

Darkness returns to the Shadowhunter world. As their society falls apart around them, Clary, Jace, Simon and their friends must band together to fight the greatest evil the Nephilim have ever faced: Clary's own brother. Nothing in the world can defeat him — must they journey to another world to find the chance?

My first review of City of Heavenly Fire
My Review:
This was such a fantastic read! I mean, I love this world and this series, and it's been so long since I first read this book, I basically forgot everything. I remembered some bits, like how they got back from Edom, but most of it, I didn't remember. I'm so glad that I'm rereading this series! 

These characters go through so much throughout this book. From the Endarkened, and having to face loved ones who wouldn't do this if they hadn't basically died, being directed by what Sebastian wanted. And it's hard, and some bonds were broken with death. 

But there were some positives, like Brother Zachariah, though I had totally forgotten how that all went down, or that it happened relatively early in the book. I know how things go for him after this book now, and I'm so glad to see the first step to his future! 

And it was so fantastic to be in this other world, which was really interesting, especially given that I have read the whole of the Dark Artifices, which 3rd book is similar to this one. That Clary and Jace had their hidden plan, well, it worked really well!

I kinda remembered how it went down. Not how they beat Sebastian, but that they had to bargain with Magnus' dad, and that Simon as no longer a vampire, and had his memories removed. It all just came together and worked out so well! 

This was a really amazing read, and I can't wait to continue the series! 

Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Mortal Instruments #6, Shadowhunter Chronicles
First Read: May 28th, 2014
Read: March 19th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book and a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry
Published: May 27th 2014
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!