Saturday, March 20, 2021

Week 11 Review: Grimspace

From Goodreads:
As the carrier of a rare gene, Sirantha Jax has the ability to jump ships through grimspace-a talent which makes her a highly prized navigator for the Corp. Then a crash landing kills everyone on board, leaving Jax in a jail cell with no memory of the crash. But her fun's not over. A group of rogue fighters frees her...for a price: her help in overthrowing the established order.

My Review:
This book was so fantastic to read! I do wish that I'd read it before the Dred Chronicles, but oh, well. I loved being in this world again, it was much more expansive, since this isn't set on a prison ship! But I really enjoyed getting to know this cast of characters! 

This book just deals with a huge responsibility, of taking on this company, to set up new schools to train Jumpers. This company has a monology on it, and this gang is taking them on, and I really enjoyed this story, and Sirantha was a fantastic character to follow doing so, because she doesn't have the most vested interest in doing so! At least until she does get connected, and a few choice reveals make things personal! 

I have two complaints. One would be is that everything happened so fast, like, we had 2 deaths back to back. But I hadn't the time yet to get to know these characters, so I didn't really care all that much. Especially since the first death was pretty senseless, it wasn't meant to happen.

And the second was that there were points where it just skipped details, and then came back and mentioned it. Like when she shoots the scientist guy, and then it's like, oh, baby-z was there. Or that the station was destroyed. The series of events that lead to these things, they're not mentioned, and it got to be a little bit confusing. 

I loved reading this book, and I need to continue the series! 

Author: Ann Aguirre
Series: Sirantha Jax #1
Read: March 13th, 2021
Source: Penguin Group (USA)
Reason Why: Love her writing and I loved the spin off series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge Book and a RR Book!
Publisher: Penguin Group (USA)
Published: February 26th 2008
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!