Saturday, March 6, 2021

Week 9 Reviews: Home: Habitat, Range, Niche, Territory, Fugitive Telemetry


From Goodreads:
This short story is told from the point of view of Dr. Mensah and follows the events in Exit Strategy.

The New York Times bestselling security droid with a heart (though it wouldn't admit it!) is back in Fugitive Telemetry!

No, I didn't kill the dead human. If I had, I wouldn't dump the body in the station mall.

When Murderbot discovers a dead body on Preservation Station, it knows it is going to have to assist station security to determine who the body is (was), how they were killed (that should be relatively straightforward, at least), and why (because apparently that matters to a lot of people—who knew?)

Yes, the unthinkable is about to happen: Murderbot must voluntarily speak to humans!

Again!

A new standalone adventure in the New York Times-bestselling, Hugo and Nebula Award winning series!

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these two stories! I just absolutely love Murderbot, it's such a fantastic character, and this world with the ultra-Corporate sector with such grim chances and choices. Murderbot is just so hilarious as a narrator, the resignation in dealing with humans is just so hilarious, given how often it happens! 

Loved reading Home, being in Dr. Mensah's head, in the aftermath of her kidnapping and the PTSD that she avoids thinking about, or acknowledging it exists besides thoughts that poke at her "it doesn't exist" headspace. And while it doesn't resolve (you can't fix mental health that quickly) it does give an overall impression that she's going to seek help, she's going to heal, which is a really great message. 

I'm a bit conflicted. I know that some people didn't like Network Effect-the first (and hopefully not the last, given the reception that it got) but I really enjoyed it. And then going back to this novella, well, I would've liked a little bit of the fallout from Network Effect, but this is a novella, and there's space constraints, so you can see why I'm conflicted, I have opposing wants.

This was a really fun novella, I really enjoyed Murderbot's investigation. And it was so very, very tricky! How it all went down, all the moving pieces, and the hidden parts, it just worked out beautifully, and it was another fantastic installment in this series! 

These were really great reads, and I can't wait for more from this series! 

Author: Martha Wells 
Series: The Murderbot Diaries #4.5, 6
Read: March 4th, 4th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike, NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and they're Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books!
Publisher: Tor, Tordotcom
Published: May 2020
Expected Publication: April 27th 2021

 Home: Habitat Range, Niche, Territory:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








 Fugitive Telemetry:
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!