Saturday, March 27, 2021

Week 12 Review: Chill Factor

From Goodreads:
Weather Warden Joanne Baldwin has protected the human race from monster storms, been killed, reborn as a Djinn, and then restored to her original form. Now she's throwing the dice to stop an infinitely powerful, deeply disturbed kid-who is holed up in a Vegas hotel-from bringing on a new ice age. 

My Review:
This was a fantastic read! Now that Joanne is now human again, well, it's a mix of the first and second books, and I loved how things developed! It seems like she's just bouncing around the country, here and here, and having plenty of adventures along the way! 

In all the books, I'm pretty sure so far (I'm not quite sure on Heat Stroke) there's been flashbacks, of points in Joanne's past that'll be relevant in the present. And in this case, it's an audit that Joanne conducts, and yeah, I loved how that was tied into the main story!

I think one of my favourite things this book introduced with the Ma'at. They honestly treated her poorly, but as a group, they were an interesting revelation about the world, and I really enjoyed learning about their existence! 

That ending was spectacular! I hate that she had to face that, but she did, and it pretty much worked out in the end, though there were some regrettable losses, and of course, things aren't exactly right, with David being so depleted with energy, and of because of all the corruption, Joanne left the Wardens. Yeah. I'm excited to see how it's going to continue! 

This was a fantastic read, and I'm still so excited to continue on with this series! 

Author: Rachel Caine 
Series: Weather Wardens #3
Read: March 20th, 2021
Source: Ebook.bike 
Reason Why:  Love her writing and I'm reading all of her books, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Roc
Published: January 1st 2005
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!