Monday, March 8, 2021

It's Monday! What Are You Reading #509, March 8th

It's Monday! What Are You Reading is a weekly meme hosted by Book Date where we share what we read this past week, what we hope to read this week...and anything in between! This is a great way to plan out your reading week and see what others are currently reading as well...you never know where that next "must read" book will come from!

What happened in the past week:

Weekly Memes:
It's Monday! What Are You Reading #508
Teaser Tuesday #516
WWW Wednesday #516
WOW #512
Will the Time Come #509
Third Sentence Thursday #499
Random Reads #485
First Lines Friday #512
Book Blogger Hop #178
The Reward Challenge Update #494
Wheel of TBR #41
How Well I Stuck to It #346
Wrote that Review Update #343

Week 9 Reviews:
Regression

Random:

OK, so I got 18 posts in 7 days, which is pretty good considering how tired I was this past week, plus the news that I'm going to be writing a blog post about soon (which I haven't done sooner because of the aforementioned tiredness). But I did read a good amount of books, given what this week was like, so I'm happy with that! What about you guys? Happy reading!

So this week I want to read The Diviners and Grimspace.

Evie O'Neill has been exiled from her boring old hometown and shipped off to the bustling streets of New York City—and she is pos-i-tute-ly ecstatic. It's 1926, and New York is filled with speakeasies, Ziegfeld girls, and rakish pickpockets. The only catch is that she has to live with her uncle Will and his unhealthy obsession with the occult.

Evie worries he'll discover her darkest secret: a supernatural power that has only brought her trouble so far. But when the police find a murdered girl branded with a cryptic symbol and Will is called to the scene, Evie realizes her gift could help catch a serial killer.

As Evie jumps headlong into a dance with a murderer, other stories unfold in the city that never sleeps. A young man named Memphis is caught between two worlds. A chorus girl named Theta is running from her past. A student named Jericho hides a shocking secret. And unknown to all, something dark and evil has awakened.
As the carrier of a rare gene, Sirantha Jax has the ability to jump ships through grimspace-a talent which makes her a highly prized navigator for the Corp. Then a crash landing kills everyone on board, leaving Jax in a jail cell with no memory of the crash. But her fun's not over. A group of rogue fighters frees her...for a price: her help in overthrowing the established order.

10 comments:

  1. Wow! That's a lot of posts, good for you!! :) I feel like I have read Libba Bray before but I can't remember off the top of my head what book it was - The Diviners looks good though I will have to check it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And she has written a few things, like Beauty Queens and the Gemma Doyle series! And yeah, because it was a really great read! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  2. I had The Diviners on my stack years ago but don't think I ever read it before a shelf purge and donate moved it on to someone else. The description does sound good. I have some Ann Aguirre on TBR mountain but haven't tried her yet. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah. Too bad! And Ann Aguirre is a fantastic author! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  3. I have been noticing Libba Bray's books for ages...and now I am very curious. Here are my WEEKLY UPDATES

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! She's a really great author! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  4. Hope you are feeling brighter.

    Wishing you a great reading week

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! It was a busy week, between long work hours and preparing the house for showing, so we can move, and I can hopefully buy my first place! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete
  5. That's a lot of posts! Enjoy you books.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And I did, they were great! Thanks for stopping by! Happy reading!

      Delete

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!