Saturday, March 13, 2021

Week 10 Reviews: Clockwork Princess, After the Bridge


Danger and betrayal, secrets and enchantment in the breathtaking conclusion to the Infernal Devices trilogy. 

Tessa Gray should be happy - aren't all brides happy?

Yet as she prepares for her wedding, a net of shadows begins to tighten around the Shadowhunters of the London Institute.

A new demon appears, one linked by blood and secrecy to Mortmain, the man who plans to use his army of pitiless automatons, the Infernal Devices, to destroy the Shadowhunters. Mortmain needs only one last item to complete his plan. He needs Tessa. And Jem and Will, the boys who lay equal claim to Tessa's heart, will do anything to save her.

Short Story about Tessa, Jem and what happened after that meeting at Blackfriar's Bridge at the Epilogue of Clockwork Princess. 

My first review of Clockwork Princess
My Review:
I really enjoyed reading these stories again! I loved Clockwork Princess the first time I read it, and reading it again, I loved seeing the end of their teenaged stories, since we've seen more of Tessa and Jem in the present day, and we'll see the whole gang of them again as adults in the Last Hour series, yeah! But I  had to read this (and a few more others) before I read Chain of Iron, which I'm just dying to read! 

Oh, the pain in this book. From Jem's death looming large, Tessa's engagement to Jem, all of these characters are facing such grief. But they are feeling this because of the love they have for each other. You can't have the happiness without the sorrow, and their do have the moments of happiness.  

I know how it ended with the romance, though I'd forgotten exactly how it ended with Mortmain. But even still, I still teared up at that epilogue, because it was really sad, with Will's last day. I knew it was coming and I still teared up, which I don't actually think I teared up the first time (though I didn't know what was coming then.)

After the Bridge, I did read it, but a variety of factors lead to me not knowing when exactly I did. It was fantastic to see Tessa and Jem again, because it's just a little bit awkward, that he's no longer a Silent Brother, but it's been over 100 years, as well as she was married to Will for a number of them. It was just a really cute read! 

These were just so amazing to read again, I loved how it wrapped up, and how much happiness that all of these characters got, even though there were hard times! 

Author: Cassandra Clare
Series: The Infernal Devices #3, 3.5, Shadowhunter Chronicles 
First Read: March 20th, 2013, 2013
Read: March 11th, 12th, 2021
Source: Own, Online
Reason Why: Rereading, and they're Historical Fiction 2021 Books and Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Books, and Clockwork Princess is a End of Series 2021 Book!
Publisher: Margaret K. McElderry Books
Published: March 19th 2013, June 1st 2013

Clockwork Princess: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars








After the Bridge: 
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!