Saturday, March 13, 2021

Week 10 Review: Anna and the French Kiss

Anna is looking forward to her senior year in Atlanta, where she has a great job, a loyal best friend, and a crush on the verge of becoming more. Which is why she is less than thrilled about being shipped off to boarding school in Paris - until she meets Etienne St. Clair: perfect, Parisian (and English and American, which makes for a swoon-worthy accent), and utterly irresistible. The only problem is that he's taken, and Anna might be, too, if anything comes of her almost-relationship back home.

As winter melts into spring, will a year of romantic near-misses end with the French kiss Anna - and readers - have long awaited?

My first review of Anna and the French Kiss
My Review:
I had a great time reading this book again, it was just so easy to read, and I breezed right though it! And it's been over 9 years since I first read it, so I basically was reading it for the first time, because I forgot pretty much everything about it. It was just a relaxing read! 

I said in my first review that it wasn't life or death, and that's true to a degree, because Etienne's mom does have cancer, and she could die. But what I'd meant was that there was no one out there that was trying to kill them. They had to deal with the stressors in their lives, from school to romantic relationships as well as friendships, which is much lighter.  

These characters are complicated and messy. As they both discover, neither wants to be alone, from Anna fixating her attentions on Toph, to Ettienne not breaking up with Ella, well, they both cause a lot of conflict and emotional drama. 

I do wish that we could've had some vindication, from Etienne putting down Amanda with the fact that he's dating Anna, to the school at large and Dave in particular, about the lies that he spread. Because they were awful and I wanted vengeance! And I know Etienne got to manipulate his dad into his college plans, but I wish he could've followed that up with a "so when are you signing the divorce papers" because that would've been the cherry on top! 

I had a great time reading this book again, and I can't wait to continue (and finish) this series! I can't wait to see Lola and Cricket again, and see Isla (and Josh!)

Author: Stephanie Perkins
Series: Anna and the French Kiss #1
First Read: March 1st, 2012
Read: March 12th, 2021
Source: Own
Reason Why: Rereading! And it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book! 
Publisher: Dutton
Published: December 2nd 2010
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!