Friday, July 16, 2021

First Lines Friday #531, July 16th

First Lines Friday is a bookish meme hosted by Literary Marie of Precision Reviews. We encourage all of our fellow book bloggers and bookhearts to play along.

-Grab your current read(s)
-Share the first line(s)
-Include the title and author so that other FLF participants can add the book to their TBR Lists!

"The arranged-marriage mart got off to an inauspicious start. The prospective groom and his parents were late because their Jaguar'd had a flat tire. Nayna knew their car was a Jaguar because they mentioned it approximately five times in the first ten minutes. The rest of the time, they spoke about how their one and only child, their "ek lota beta," was a prodigy at his job as a lawyer and would "surely, surely" be partner in only two or three years." -Rebel Hard by Nalini Singh

I don't know whether or not to laugh at this, because this is a romance book, in the end, the arranged marriage is going to turn out great! Must read more! What about you guys? Happy reading! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!