Saturday, July 17, 2021

Week 28 Review: Piranesi

From Goodreads:
Piranesi's house is no ordinary building: its rooms are infinite, its corridors endless, its walls are lined with thousands upon thousands of statues, each one different from all the others. Within the labyrinth of halls an ocean is imprisoned; waves thunder up staircases, rooms are flooded in an instant. But Piranesi is not afraid; he understands the tides as he understands the pattern of the labyrinth itself. He lives to explore the house.

There is one other person in the house—a man called The Other, who visits Piranesi twice a week and asks for help with research into A Great and Secret Knowledge. But as Piranesi explores, evidence emerges of another person, and a terrible truth begins to unravel, revealing a world beyond the one Piranesi has always known. 

My Review:
This book was odd. It was strange and I enjoyed reading it! I was confused at times, a little overwhelmed with details that I couldn't juggle enough to put all the mentions of them together, but it was a great story! It just went deeper then I could comprend, because my brain doesn't work that way.

When I first started reading this book, immediately I was confused. There was a line in big font, then a line that said entry at whatever day it was written in capital letters. And then there was that first line again but continued. I had to go back and check. Then I realized what it was and continued, but it was confusing right off the bat.

Exploring this house of Piranesi was one of the better parts of this book. The rooms were wildly strange and weird, and the mystery of why the house was like that-and why he's there-was another great part of this story. I just wanted to know more! 

Then things start to get even weirder, that someone else besides Piranesi and the Other are there in the house. It was strange and compelling and I needed to know what was going on. But that ending, that was satisfying, and I'm glad I stuck with it, even though this whole book was challenging to get through. 

This was an enjoyable read, and I had a great time with it! 

Author: Susanna Clarke
Read: July 15th, 2021
Source: Bought
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2021 Book!
Publisher: Bloomsbury 
Published: September 15th 2020
4/5 Hearts
3/5 Books
0/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!