Saturday, July 17, 2021

Week 28 Review: All These Warriors

From Goodreads:
In this highly anticipated conclusion to New York Times best-selling author Amy Tintera's All These Monsters duology, Clara and Team Seven's quest to expose the truth behind the scrab menace has them facing their biggest threat yet: their own demons. Perfect for fans of Warcross and Renegades.

When the world was crumbling, seventeen-year-old Clara fought back. She escaped her abusive home and joined Team Seven, a monster fighting squad of runaways and misfits formed to combat the scrabs terrorizing the planet. And after nearly dying in Paris, Clara and Team Seven discovered the sinister truth behind the scrab invasion. Scrabs aren't just mindless monsters set on destruction. They're being trained and weaponized by MDG, a private security firm hired by the government.

Now Clara and the rest of Team Seven have made it their mission to expose MDG. But no one said fighting for the truth would be easy. And as Clara and Team Seven find themselves at the center of a global conspiracy, they must face their biggest threat yet: their own demons.

My Review:
I had a great time reading this book! It was a fantastic sequel, and I loved what we learned about the world (though I wish the outrage about one particular reveal, and the fallout of that, could've been explored) and it was a fantastic end to the series! 

One little thing that caught and held my attention, was the argument that the trained scrabs would fall under the 2nd Amendment as a weapon. And I was like, I don't know anything about US law, but a real life example would be training a tiger. They're living creatures with brains, and I don't think that would fly. 

Some parts of this book just really infuriated me, on behalf of these characters. The fact that they know that MDG is up to no good, but they aren't believed, are basically though of the bad guys instead, that just was awful! And the there was the situation with Julian. He was abusive, and no one outside of their group believed her. At not until it was too late! 

That ending was so freaking great! I loved how it took some pretty emotional moments, and tied them into the action, of her family being in danger, and trying to get to them, to stop Julian. It was such a fantastic ending! 

I really enjoyed reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Amy Tintera!

Author: Amy Tintera
Series: Monsters #2
Read: July 14th, 2021
Source: Edelweiss 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a End of Series 2021 Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Clarion Books
Published: July 13th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!