Saturday, July 17, 2021

Week 28 Review: On Mission

From Goodreads:
Sometimes my life doesn't feel real to me.

It's so different—infinitely better—than anything I had on Earth. I'm not running or hiding or afraid anymore. I'm not dealing with the trauma of my past. I'm not alone because I have Lorne. Every time I look into his eyes, everything else fades away—the war, the fight ahead, the fact that we have so much work to do if we want to win. I see him and I forget that SpaceTech is moving against us, but it's not just me I’m trying to save anymore. It's the Aunare.

And yet, the Aunare High Council isn't listening to a word I say.

I'm the only one who seems to understand the danger that we're up against, and that if we don't start acting soon, it'll be too late. I want to dissolve the High Council, but I'm not sure I should. I don't even know if I can. But I know that SpaceTech is closing in. Their war ships are stationed at the edges of our colonies' territory, and I can feel the fight growing closer every minute of every day.

The time for us to act is coming, and I'm not sure how much more politicking I can do. That's not who I am. It's not who I'm meant to be. I can only be a fighter. A warrior. A queen.

If no one else will fight with me, then I will do what I need to take down SpaceTech.

Because I'm Amihanna di Aetes, the future High Queen of the Aunare, and I won't quit. Not ever.

My Review:
I loved reading this book! I actually reread a part of the novella, In Command, because that was just so impactful, of Ami showing the Aunare what SpaceTech did. And then I was ready to dive into this book, which was so great!

I do think that the book when in a drastic direction. There's a synopsis out there that goes along the lines of Declan and co. contacted Ami, and she went to Earth to rescue them. That doesn't happen. One, they're contacted by a different person, and b) other stuff happens. My speculation is that the book was planned to go one way, thus the synopsis, but sometime later, it went in the direction that became this book. Which is why I used the synopsis that was on NetGalley, because it's a part of the book.

Ami learned a lot about being a ruler in this book, and I loved watching her flex her power! On the flip side, she faces a new threat, and I loved watching her deal with it. Her and Lorne, upon whom that threat takes a heavy toll on him!

I loved all that we learned about this world, because there was travel (one thing that previous synopsis had right was the political convention. And it's pretty action packed, event after event happening. And oh, those last few chapters, so much happened! I need to know how it's all going to end!

This was such a fantastic read, and I need the final book now, please!

Author: Aileen Erin 
Series: Aunare Chronicles #3
Read: July 12th, 2021
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Ink Monster, Inc
Expected Publication: July 27th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!