Saturday, July 24, 2021

Week 29 Review: Sisters of the Snake

From Goodreads:
A lost princess. A dark puppet master. And a race against time—before all is lost.

Princess Rani longs for a chance to escape her gilded cage and prove herself. Ria is a street urchin, stealing just to keep herself alive.

When these two lives collide, everything turns on its head: because Ria and Rani, orphan and royal, are unmistakably identical.

A deal is struck to switch places—but danger lurks in both worlds, and to save their home, thief and princess must work together. Or watch it all fall into ruin.

Deadly magic, hidden temples, and dark prophecies: Sisters of the Snake is an action-packed, immersive fantasy that will thrill fans of The Crown's Game and The Tiger at Midnight. 

My Review:
I really enjoyed reading this book! I loved reading about these girls who find out that they're twins, I loved this world and the magic and the politics, and I really enjoyed their adventures! I loved how they were from different walks of life, a princess and a thief. They had their own insecurities and weaknesses as well as strengths, and I really enjoyed their stories!

Basically from the moment where they switched, I was captivated. They're learning these new worlds that the other grew up with. And both have mysteries to solve, and I loved how both girls stories came together in the end! 

I just have to say, Shima was an excellent animal companion! She was snarky and amazing! I'm terrified of snakes, but she was such a great character to read about! I think one of my most favourite lines for her was, "I've always wanted to say that!" which reminds me of the Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2, with Professor McGonigle! 

And oh man, that ending! I wasn't quite sure how it was going to be a series, but between the end of the big fight with the bad guy and that last chapter, man, that just gave me the right nudge that has me dying for the sequel! Because there's some very big possibilities, given the worldbuilding and the bad guys' plans! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait for book 2! 

Authors: Sarena Nanua and Sasha Nanua 
Series: Rai and Rani #1
Read: July 23rd, 2021
Source: Edelweiss 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a DAC Book, Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2021 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Harper Teen
Published: June 15th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!