Saturday, May 28, 2022

Week 21 Review: Together We Burn

From Goodreads:
Eighteen-year-old Zarela Zalvidar is a talented flamenco dancer and daughter of the most famous Dragonador in Hispalia. People come for miles to see her father fight in their arena, which will one day be hers.

But disaster strikes during their five hundredth anniversary show, and in the carnage, Zarela's father is horribly injured. Facing punishment from the Dragon Guild, Zarela must keep the arena—her ancestral home and inheritance —safe from their greedy hands. She has no choice but to take her father's place as the next Dragonador. When the infuriatingly handsome dragon hunter, Arturo Díaz de Montserrat, withholds his help, she refuses to take no for an answer.

But even if he agrees, there's someone out to ruin the Zalvidar family, and Zarela will have to do whatever it takes in order to prevent the Dragon Guild from taking away her birthright.

An ancient city plagued by dragons. A flamenco dancer determined to save her ancestral home. A dragon hunter refusing to teach her his ways. They don't want each other, but they need each other, and without him her world will burn.

My Review:
Man, this was an amazing read! I was so infuriated about the way she was treated, and I loved watching her face it, and I had such a great time reading it! This world with dragons and Dragonadors was so interesting, and I loved exploring it!

One thing that really struck in my craw was the membership situation. Like, only her father can register complains, but that they have to pay. But they won't investigate? I mean, come on! You should be insisting on an investigation, not trying to make sure one doesn't happen. Otherwise, what's the point of being a member? That really had me worked up! 

I really enjoyed the two main parts of this book-the survival of her home, and her relationship with Arturo. They are pretty connected, and they were both so great to read! Learning more about the dragons-of the misconceptions that people had about them, was really great. And who sabotaged them? I had a guess, which was right, but thankfully, I was wrong about the reasons why. I much prefer what actually happened in this book to what I'd thought of. It made for a wonderfully satisfying ending! 

I'm not sure if this was an ARC thing or not, but there was this mention by Arturo of mortals, and I had me wondering, if maybe he was a shapeshifter or some sort of creature with a longer lifespan then humans. It was just a little bit odd, and then it wasn't mentioned again. Though maybe it could be a sequel territory? 

Loved reading this book, and I can't wait to read more by Isabel Ibañez!

Author: Isabel Ibañez 
Read: May 22nd, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Sounded really good, and it's a SAC 2022 Book and a WoW Book! 
Publisher: Wednesday Books
Expected Publication: May 31st 2022
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!