Saturday, May 28, 2022

Week 21 Review: The Third Mrs. Durst

From Goodreads:
Some people just need killing.

Marlena Altizer Durst lives in her husband's shadow. He controls her every move--what she wears, the food she eats, and the friends she's allowed to make. If she disobeys, there are...consequences. And he has all the power.

To outsiders, it seems that she leads a fairy-tale life. But nobody ever wonders if Cinderella was happy after she married the prince. Marlena has traded freedom and safety for luxurious imprisonment, and most days, that seems like a bad bargain. Death may be the only exit she's allowed. Just like his first wife. And his second. Unless she flips the script.

Some people just need killing.

My Review:
I devoured this book! I love her writing, and this book sounded really fantastic, and it was, and I enjoyed it so much! I loved watching Marlena meet her husband, and the start of their life together-with the suspicion that something was going on. And oh, did I hate her husband!

This was the story of how these two meet-and how everything devolved after they got married. He was controlling when they were dating, but oh, once they were married, the gloves came off. I really hated him. And that scene when she's confronted about what happened to her, yeah, that was horrible! 

Once we found out about one particular and important detail, I knew for sure that there was something going on it. There were these little comments of a plot simmering behind the scenes, and once we got enough information to connect the dots, well, it made it all the more better! 

Wow, I loved that ending! And that reveal at the end, yeah that was really amazing! After all that they'd been through, I found that ending just so utterly satisfying! I loved where they ended up, and I hope they enjoy their happy ending, they've more then earned it! 

This was a really fantastic read, and I can't wait to read more by Ann Aguirre! 

Author: Ann Aguirre
Read: May 22nd, 2022
Source: NetGalley
Reason Why: I love her writing and it sounded really good! And it's a SAC 2022 Book!
Publisher:  Midnight Ink
Published: August 1st 2019
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!