Saturday, May 28, 2022

Week 21 Review: What Once Was Mine

From Goodreads:
The 12th installment in the New York Times best-selling series asks: What if Rapunzel's mother drank a potion from the wrong flower?

Desperate to save the life of their queen and her unborn child, the good people of Corona search for the all-healing Sundrop flower to cure her—but mistakenly acquire the shimmering Moondrop flower instead. Nonetheless it heals the queen, and she delivers a healthy baby girl with hair as silver and gray as the moon. With it comes dangerous magical powers: the power to hurt, not heal. For her safety and the safety of the kingdom, Rapunzel is locked in a tower and put under the care of powerful goodwife, Mother Gothel.

For eighteen years Rapunzel stays locked away, knowing she must protect others from her magical hair. But when she leaves the only home she's ever known, wanting only to see the floating lights that appear on her birthday, she gets caught up in an adventure across the kingdom with two thieves—a young woman named Gina, and Flynn Rider, a rogue on the run. Before she can reach her happy ending, Rapunzel learns that there may be more to her story, and her magical tresses, than she ever knew.

My Review:
Well, I've officially caught up! I've been behind on of this series for years, and now I've finally read the latest book in this series! Hooray! I can't wait for further installments, I just have such a fun time with these tales that are just slightly off-course from the originals, and how wildly different they end up! 

First off, this book is just slightly different from all the others. Because it starts with a guy telling this tale to his sister, who's in the hospital with cancer. That's the first time that that's happened in this series, so that was great to read. And touching, because the author's note talks about how her sister had cancer. 

I wasn't sure how this one would go, with the Queen drinking from the Moondrop flower, because I'm not sure if we knew anything about it originally. So it was a lot of fun to watch it all play out! Though I felt so badly for Rapunzel, to have the ability to hurt! 

This book was a lot of fun, I had a great time watching Rapunzel go on all these adventures with Flynn-but also Gina, who's a new character. The comedy from the movie was here in this book, and I had a great time reading it! 

This was another really great read, and I can't wait for the next!

Author: Liz Braswell  
Series: Twisted Tales #12
Read: May 21st, 2022
Source: NetGalley 
Reason Why: Love her writing and this series, and it's a Prequel & Sequel Challenge 2022 Book, 2022 Retelling Reading Challenge Book and a WoW Book!
Publisher: Disney-Hyperion
Published: September 7th 2021
5/5 Hearts
5/5 Books
5/5 Stars

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love comments, so comment away! I'll comment back if you leave a post-specific link for me to visit! If you leave that link, I'll always comment back, even if it's like, a month late!

This is an award free blog! Thanks for thinking of me but I just don't have the time to pass it along!